JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys like for 30rd AR magazine couplers?

I tend to prefer aluminum over plastic, but I have no preconceived biases against either one.

Seems like a relatively straightforward item that's been rejiggered half-to-death, thus my question. Has anyone successfully reinvented this particular mousetrap or are all of the variations just gimmicks? I only want a few of em for the HD guns... I like the idea of having a hands-free spare 30 rounder.

I use Pmags or aluminum bodied GI mags. I think I have a few stray Hexmags floating around too, if that matters. If pressed, I'd say that I prefer the aluminum mags for HD/SD purposes... they seem to engage the mag release more positively than the plastic ones, with an audible, satisfying *click*. I don't feel the need to test the efficacy of my insertion the way I do w Pmags.

I have one MFT plastic mag coupler that I got for cheap in trade and it's fine, but honestly I don't find it to work any better than home-made mag couplers (a piece of wood, plastic, or thick closed-cell foam sandwiched between two magazines that are then wrapped with duct-tape). I find that using the home-made variations helps to increase the "80s tactical" look that I find so appealing (and hilarious) :p!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top