JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys like for 30rd AR magazine couplers?

I tend to prefer aluminum over plastic, but I have no preconceived biases against either one.

Seems like a relatively straightforward item that's been rejiggered half-to-death, thus my question. Has anyone successfully reinvented this particular mousetrap or are all of the variations just gimmicks? I only want a few of em for the HD guns... I like the idea of having a hands-free spare 30 rounder.

I use Pmags or aluminum bodied GI mags. I think I have a few stray Hexmags floating around too, if that matters. If pressed, I'd say that I prefer the aluminum mags for HD/SD purposes... they seem to engage the mag release more positively than the plastic ones, with an audible, satisfying *click*. I don't feel the need to test the efficacy of my insertion the way I do w Pmags.

I have one MFT plastic mag coupler that I got for cheap in trade and it's fine, but honestly I don't find it to work any better than home-made mag couplers (a piece of wood, plastic, or thick closed-cell foam sandwiched between two magazines that are then wrapped with duct-tape). I find that using the home-made variations helps to increase the "80s tactical" look that I find so appealing (and hilarious) :p!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top