JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a brand new Browning Buckmark Hunter .22 about 4 months ago. Absolutely love everything about the gun except for the fact that the mag keeps popping out while I am shooting. Is this an easy fix I can do on my own, or do you guys think I have to go throught the hassle/expense of sending it back for repairs?

When you put the mag in is it being caught by the catch (click) or are you putting the mag in while the slide is closed and just not getting a good seat? Once the mag is in or you think it is look to see that the catch has gone home all the way.

Did you take the grips off?????
There is a little catch under the grips that you have to keep in place when re-installing

TAKING THE GRIPS OFF IS NOT NECESSARY ON THIS GUN TO CLEAN IT THOROUGHLY
Ask me how I know

This little catch,and I am not taking my gun apart to show you which one,falls out easily when the grips are taken off.
This is a simple gun but all the little parts have to be in place for it to work.

Maybe this little part wasn't held in place when it was assembled.
You tube it.I think there is enough vids to show you where everything needs to go.

Good luck

OK it's a little "T" shaped flat spring under the right grip.It holds the mag catch in place to hold the mag in. It will easily move out of place while installing the grips.

Hope this helps.If not the spring is on the assembly room floor!

Did you take the grips off?????
There is a little catch under the grips that you have to keep in place when re-installing

TAKING THE GRIPS OFF IS NOT NECESSARY ON THIS GUN TO CLEAN IT THOROUGHLY
Ask me how I know

This little catch,and I am not taking my gun apart to show you which one,falls out easily when the grips are taken off.
This is a simple gun but all the little parts have to be in place for it to work.

Maybe this little part wasn't held in place when it was assembled.
You tube it.I think there is enough vids to show you where everything needs to go.

Good luck

OK it's a little "T" shaped flat spring under the right grip.It holds the mag catch in place to hold the mag in. It will easily move out of place while installing the grips.

Hope this helps.If not the spring is on the assembly room floor!

I did notice that one of the grips is a bit lose. I've never removed them, but maybe you are right and it wasn't properly assembled. Planned on taking it apart all the way to clean the first time anyway so now at least I know to be extra careful taking it apart and puting it back together. Thanks.

As far as the mags go, I have been extra sure that it is properly seated, but it is the only one I have (came with it). Wouldn't hurt to try another. Even if it doesn't make a difference at least I have a second mag, right.

Buy the browning mags. The triple K mags,ALL triple K mag I have tried are junk.
And I have about 6 for my buckmark

When you take off the right grip,there that "T" flat spring.You can see the indent in the handle where it goes,just opposite of the....mag release!!! Those engineers I tell ya.

But take them off slow and one at a time if you can (mine are one piece wrap arounds) Then you can concentrate on less things falling on the floor. But I put mine all back real nice,so most can do it.

Thanks guys, I think you have me on the right track. As far as being carefull taking it apart, it reminds me of the first time I took my Keltec .380 apart. Guide rod, or the spring can't remember which, shot all the way across my garage and I had a heck of a time finding it. Nice to know what to look out for before going in!

Ummm if it's the spring I'm thinking of take it apart and THROW THAT THING IN A RIVER!!! It's the Lawyer spring to keep the gun from firing without the mag in. I removed that week 1 having the gun. While you're in there tear it down and flip your sear spring for a nice easy trigger job.

The lawyer spring is directly under that "T" spring.I had already put mine back together before I read you could take that out and the gun would function

Yeah and it took me an hour to figure out that sear spring.

Ummm if it's the spring I'm thinking of take it apart and THROW THAT THING IN A RIVER!!! It's the Lawyer spring to keep the gun from firing without the mag in. I removed that week 1 having the gun. While you're in there tear it down and flip your sear spring for a nice easy trigger job.

Flipped the spring, boy it feels like that made a difference. What spring are you talking about what you say "lawyer spring?" Is it the flat T spring or the long wire underneath?

It's not soo much a possible cause of your issue- it's a lawyer feature. It's sole purpose is to PREVENT THE GUN FROM FIRING if no mag is in. I personally put more trust in my brain then a piece of metal that can fail.

Well, You guys fixed me right up. Not only did the original problem get fixed, but reversing that sear spring made a HUGE difference in the trigger. My groups were much better. Appreciate all the help.

I have a buckmark URX made in 2011 and it shoots fine and reliable with the original magazine that it came with, once I put in an after market browning magazine it falls out while shooting I have tried two different new browning magazines and swapped out magazine parts from the original magazine to the new magazines and the problem is still there, I even stoned a small piece of the new magazine to make the magazine catch notch exactly like the old one and it still has issues, I have detail stirpped and cleaned my pistol, swapped out grips, reversed the sear spring etc..... any one have advice?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top