JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$9000
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
State
Oregon
Hate to let it go but this monster is taking up too much garage space, and who really needs more than one cannon?

Price is very firm. If you're not familiar with the cost of artillery, please do your homework before emailing me. New units sell for $12,000+, which does not include rams, sponges, worms, buckets, and all the goodies my gun has.

Currently disassembled, you will need a legitimate engine winch to assemble; I'm happy to help provide a bit of labor, but you'll want to bring four strong friends. This is somewhat comically named "light" artillery and clocks in just shy of 3,000 pounds. All oak and iron, all American made, by hand. PM me anytime.

I also have a brand-new set of 58" dished wagon wheels at a heck of a bargain: $750 for the set, already palleted and ready to ship out.

Cannon2.jpg Cannon6.jpg Cannon7.jpg Dish Wheels I.jpg Dish Wheels II.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I think I may have just found my ultimate grail gun.

@thomas-emard I'd like to meet you one of these days. You have an interesting and eclectic collection and it would be fun to learn some new stuff and check things out.

A holster is available but will need some "minor machining" to fit over the barrel, the cascable alone is the size of a trailer hitch.

$8,500 folks. Come drive away with a literal piece of American artillery. I need this gone, we're tearing down our garage to replace it and this needs a home pronto. If no one takes it, I'm putting it in self-storage and you'll lose your chance at it forever!

No FFL needed. Assemble it, roll it onto a trailer, and its yours.

@GOG, eclectic is definitely a word to describe my collection! I doubt many more Oregonians have as many smoke-belchers!

I was able to visit West Point and many historical sites up and down the Eastern Seaboard. IIRC, the cannon displayed at the Point were captured pieces and had plaques giving the battle & factual data.
I spent many days in Gettysburg as it was my favorite site as well as accessible.

So a cannon is on my wife's bucket list of things to shoot.

She couldn't justify allowing me to spend the money though.

Hate to let it go but this monster is taking up too much garage space, and who really needs more than one cannon?

Price is very firm. If you're not familiar with the cost of artillery, please do your homework before emailing me. New units sell for $12,000+, which does not include rams, sponges, worms, buckets, and all the goodies my gun has.

Currently disassembled, you will need a legitimate engine winch to assemble; I'm happy to help provide a bit of labor, but you'll want to bring four strong friends. This is somewhat comically named "light" artillery and clocks in just shy of 3,000 pounds. All oak and iron, all American made, by hand. PM me anytime.

I also have a brand-new set of 58" dished wagon wheels at a heck of a bargain: $750 for the set, already palleted and ready to ship out.

View attachment 491555 View attachment 491556 View attachment 491557 View attachment 491558 View attachment 491559
I want this just so I can post theads about "which caliber grape shot is most effective for home defense?"

After a long day, several liters of ice water, and a whole lot of trying to fit modern tools to decidedly-not-modern nuts, the carriage is now assembled. The cannon will be fully assembled and ready to literally roll onto a trailer in two day's time; the price is re-established at $9,000USD, firm. You all had your chance to build it yourself! :)

I could tow that behind my truck...and it would be a very cool addition to my traveling display of muzzle loaders...Anyone care to make a $9,000 donation...? :D

Good luck with your sale...!
Andy

You're a teacher, this is clearly for educational purposes. A donor's choose and a go fund me account are in order ;)

That would work nicely.
I would get the cannon...
The seller would be $9,000 richer..
It would be used for educational purposes...
I could use it during both the school year and summer...
Many folks here would love to see it and shoot it as well...
Sounds like a win all the way around...:D
Andy

That would work nicely.
I would get the cannon...
The seller would be $9,000 richer..
It would be used for educational purposes...
I could use it during both the school year and summer...
Many folks here would love to see it and shoot it as well...
Sounds like a win all the way around...:D
Andy

I can't think of a more appropriate person that this should go to, and I would actually donate to the fund to help you get this! :s0155:

You could also deduct the operational expenses from your AGI on your taxes as non-reimbursed "work related" expenses... ;)

I would LOVE to see the faces on people while hauling this thing behind a rig zooming down the interstate, and downtown "snowflake land"....

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.