JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2300
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
10mm
City
Spanaway
State
Washington
Zip Code
"SOLD"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The D-Max Industries 100 is a semi automatic carbine manufactured by D-Max Industries of Auburn, Washington.[1] It could also be chambered in .45 ACP, .41AE, .40 S&W, .38 Super and 9x19mm Parabellum. The D-Max 100 existed in 2 variants, the D-Max 100C carbine and D-Max 100P pistol.

Development[edit]
The D-Max 100 was designed by David M. Dugger, a former LE officer and firearms instructor in Washington who decided to develop a cost effective firearm intended for an LE role that was more rugged, durable, easy to field strip/maintain capable than a standard issue weapon. The pistol variant was intended for confined CQB situations whereas the carbine was intended to replace the shotgun in tactical roles when the pistol was not effective. During range tests, the D-Max 100 was rumored to be accurate and reliable with virtually no reported malfunctions.[2] The D-Max 100 was also offered to the civilian market outside LE agencies.

Overview[edit]
The D-Max Industries 100 is a semi automatic, simple blowback operated pistol calibre carbine fed from modified M3 SMG magazines inserted on the side to allow the user to fire from a low profile position without affecting the balance. The self cleaning closed firing bolt is similar to that found on the Sten/Sterling/F1 submachine guns but using the firing pin from an M1911 pistol and using a guide rod/spring to eject the rounds.[3] The semi automatic only lower receiver/fire control group uses an AK type trigger/hammer. Field stripping is done removing takedown pins held in with a safety wire. The upper receiver is a round type whereas the lower/FCG is stamped sheet. The reciprocating cocking handle is mounted on the left side.[4]

See also[edit]
References[edit]
  1. ^ Gun World, February 1991. Designed for police: D-Max's 10mm Auto. A Review Of Some New Guns And Loads For This Runaway Bullet!, Lawmen Loads & The 10mm by Dean A. Grennell. pages 22/23/24/87
  2. ^ American Survival Guide/February 1991. Amazingly Accurate: D-Max 10mm Carbine, .45 ACP Pistol. Unique semiautomatic firearms designed for law enforcement use but also available to civilians. by Jim Benson, pages 24/66/78
  3. ^ Firepower, July 1985, Three Of A Kind p.48
  4. ^ Modern Law Enforcement Weapons & Tactics 1991, The Latest In Guns, Equipment And Techniques, All New 2nd Edition by Tom Ferguson, Publisher: DBI Books Inc.,U.S.,

Specifications
Production history
D-Max Industries Model 100
TypeSemi automatic carbine
Place of originUnited States
DesignerDarrel Holland
David M. Dugger
Designed1985
ManufacturerP.G.W. Arms
D-Max Industries
Produced1986-1993
VariantsD-Max 100C carbine
D-Max 100P pistol
Mass3.4kg (carbine)
2.2kg (pistol)
Length977.9mm
Barrel length406mm (carbine)
152mm (pistol)
Cartridge.45 ACP
.41 Action Express
10mm Auto
.40 S&W
.38 Super
9x19mm Parabellum
ActionBlowback
Rate of fireSemi automatic
Feed system30-round M3 magazine (.45ACP/.41AE/10mm Auto/.40 S&W/.38 Super)
32/50-round Sten/Lanchester magazine (9x19mm Parabellum)
SightsIron sights

The carbine uses a sten/sterling style round bolt and AK trigger parts. These were produced for a short 7 years, 30 years ago. These guns came with 1 single mag and the mags are even more rare. I have 2 x 30 rounders. Both mags are painted with the same rinkle coat as the reciever. The pics I have posted are online file pics and mine looks exactly the same with one exception. I have 2 mags and not 3 that are in the pics. The wood furniture is in perfect shape. No dings, scratches or gouges. I have had this gun for almost 20 years and have never put a round through it. Unaware of previous round count. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I am asking $1,800.00.00 OBO shipped to your FFL with a copy of my DL will be enclosed. Your FFL must accept from a private person. Contact me for shipping arrangments or more pics. Also, the serial number of the gun in the pic "IS NOT" the serial number of my gun. My gun has a serial number under 000530. Mine is an early one. I have searched on line for a few weeks and can not find another one for sale anywhere. The ones that pop up on a search are 10 years old. This truley is a very rare piece for the serious collector. As we all know, gun investments do nothing but grow as the years pass. Thanx for looking and reading everything.

d-max_inserted-mag.jpg d-max_w3-mags.jpg d-max_r-receiver-closeup.jpg d-max_l-receiver-closeup.jpg d-max_top-magwell.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Wow ive only ever heard about these but never seen one 'in the wild' before now. Very very neat.
...This state is so frustrating to live in these days! Not being able to buy a piece of Washington gun history IN WA STATE anymore is such bullbubblegum

Last Edited:
I have 62 people watching this gun on Gunbroker. I have dropped the price down to $1,800.00. Honestly there are very few of these guns around.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.