JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have now transitioned from the touchy-feely realm of PR and "feelings" to actual hard ball litigation where words have exact meanings and opinions and $5 will get you a cup of coffee. I look forward to handing Knutson his bubblegum...

Yes and many more to follow. Lawsuit should be filled against the two original originators of 114 as well sure church money from one party was used should lose there tax exemption 100%

Yes and many more to follow. Lawsuit should be filled against the two original originators of 114 as well sure church money from one party was used should lose there tax exemption 100%
I am sure that is on the list. Let hope they slap the crap out of them. I know the IRS hates the church's not paying taxes.

Someone posted this on another thread too, though this link has a link to the filed complaint. Looks like this is only aimed at the magazine capacity ban, and not the other stuff. With the measure's severability clause, with this lawsuit the court may preliminarily enjoin the mag cap restriction, but it doesn't look like it would affect anything else.

But it's a good start.

It is just about magazine restirctions and nothing else in the measure.

firearmsfederationlawsuit11182022-p2-xlarge.gif

Last Edited:
"In November 2022, the State took the additional and extreme step of banning mere possession of magazines over 10 rounds. Under 114, owners of such magazines who want to keep the property they lawfully acquired and have used only for lawful purposes may no longer continue to do so"

This is wrong. Not true. I talked to a criminal defense attorney friend of mine a little while ago and he said if they don't get the issues right, the complaint can get tossed out. I am not impressed with OFF's lawyers. Let's hope I'm wrong.

"In November 2022, the State took the additional and extreme step of banning mere possession of magazines over 10 rounds. Under 114, owners of such magazines who want to keep the property they lawfully acquired and have used only for lawful purposes may no longer continue to do so"

This is wrong. Not true. I talked to a criminal defense attorney friend of mine a little while ago and he said if they don't get the issues right, the complaint can get tossed out. I am not impressed with OFF's lawyers. Let's hope I'm wrong.
Pleading in a civil lawsuit is different than criminal. A defendant may attempt to move to dismiss one or more claims, but usually the court allows the plaintiff to re-plead to correct any initial "deficiencies".

I am sure that is on the list. Let hope they slap the crap out of them. I know the IRS hates the church's not paying taxes.
We filed MANY complaints with the IRS about them a couple years ago. Nothing came of it except that they stopped using the church as their activist organization and invented Lift Every Voice to do the dirty work.

We filed MANY complaints with the IRS about them a couple years ago. Nothing came of it except that they stopped using the church as their activist organization and invented Lift Every Voice to do the dirty work.
Gotcha. It's probably because it's a left wing agenda. If it was right wing they would be done.

Looks like Lift Every Vouce as an Oregon entity was administratively dissolved in September 2022. Guess that means they didn't pay their renewal $$ to the State.

So since September of this year every time one of them purported to be acting on behalf of LEVO, they were not because it didn't exist. Any individual liability? Any liability to the church? Who knows.

Edit: if they let the organization lapse due to oversight, it's possible they didn't keep super good separation or records separate from the church activities. You see that a lot with related small businesses: the owners blend them together and fail to keep them legally disctinct entities.

Last Edited:
Looks like Lift Every Vouce as an Oregon entity was administratively dissolved in September 2022. Guess that means they didn't pay their renewal $$ to the State.

So since September of this year every time one of them purported to be acting on behalf of LEVO, they were not because it didn't exist. Any individual liability? Any liability to the church? Who knows.

Edit: if they let the organization lapse due to oversight, it's possible they didn't keep super good separation or records separate from the church activities. You see that a lot with related small businesses: the owners blend them together and fail to keep them legally disctinct entities.
So if LEVO has ceased to exist, wonder if Knutson can be put in a hook, seeing he was calling for support of 114 in his church bulletins…

Would love to see him financially squeezed and penny poor for his misdeeds…

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads