JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD - Springfield Armory M1 Garand for sale - Very good condition, and very good bore. From what the previous owner has told me, this gun was assembled for the Korean War, but was never issued. Receiver #225xxx. Not all matching #s. I'll consider any reasonable offer.

IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0098.jpg

Last Edited:
Just some extra info. That serial # puts the receiver at March-April 1941

AND... cant quite tell from the pics but that looks like a lead-dipped heel.

Nice looking rifle.

Love the Garand, couldnt imagine selling mine:eek:

Just some extra info. That serial # puts the receiver at March-April 1941

AND... cant quite tell from the pics but that looks like a lead-dipped heel.

Nice looking rifle.

Love the Garand, couldnt imagine selling mine:eek:
Thanks for the info on the receiver and heel. I was told that this rifle was assembled toward the 'end' of the Korean War with surplus WWII parts. It's invredible to me to see some of those receiver #s out there are in the 5000000s.

Thanks for the info on the receiver and heel. I was told that this rifle was assembled toward the 'end' of the Korean War with surplus WWII parts. It's invredible to me to see some of those receiver #s out there are in the 5000000s.

My Springfield is in the 2 millions. Unfortunately I have no paperwork saying when or where it was used. Being that yours is not numbers matching, the story sounds right about the Korean war. It's just hard to prove without any sort of certification or paperwork. Either way it's a kick-bubblegum looking M1

As has been mentioned, it is a has a lead dipped WWII receiver, it was most likely rebuilt, new stock, barrel ect, (when it got lead dipped) and then put into storage. Most rebuild programs electro penciled the month and year on the one of the receiver legs. A common engraving would be something like LEAD 3-65 or something like that. Other armories stamped the left side of the stock.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.