JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
does anyone have pictures of their m1 barrel stripped or a spare barrel laying around for one? All the pictures i can find online and videos are too low quality for my eyes to tell.
Im trying to identify what company made my barrel and it has some teeth in the middle where the center cap for the handgaurd is(dont remember the name right off hand)
Out if all the pictures ive looked at i cant tell if thats normal or not or if that can help me identify who made it. Its chambered in 308.
E2FD7D04-5E32-4C61-9E68-C2C6E5E721A1.jpeg
Any help apreciated thanks

The barrel knurling is done to tighten the lower band fit to the barrel. It is a common
modification to a new or existing barrel. Most used Garands the lower band will rotate
slightly.o_OWhat markings are on the barrel?

The barrel has been knurled where the lower band rides. This is something done to tighten the lower band when making improvements for match rifles. I think it is usually added by a gun smith and will not likely help in determining the barrel manufacture.

There were several sources of unmarked M1 barrels, foreign and USA made.

Avoid disassembling the rifle or removing the stock. The lower band knurling, gas tube keyways and stock bedding will wear, reducing accuracy that comes from those modifications.

If you decide to sell this rifle, please let me know. I could put it to work at some local matches.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top