JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For all you M&P fans out there, I recently picked up the M&P 2.0 in 9mm (that $75 rebate is pretty darn nice) and while I haven't even fired it yet, I CAN tell you the new trigger on these if very sweet. Some take-up, but it breaks very nicely and (finally) has a short and audible reset. I can't wait to shoot it, but it looks to me like S&W finally solved the worst part of the M&P: the trigger. I'll wait to comment on the grip texture til after I fire it.

For all you M&P fans out there, I recently picked up the M&P 2.0 in 9mm (that $75 rebate is pretty darn nice) and while I haven't even fired it yet, I CAN tell you the new trigger on these if very sweet. Some take-up, but it breaks very nicely and (finally) has a short and audible reset. I can't wait to shoot it, but it looks to me like S&W finally solved the worst part of the M&P: the trigger. I'll wait to comment on the grip texture til after I fire it.

I've not handled an M&P, but wasn't the main complaint about the trigger was it was like squeezing a squishy marshmallow.... hence the Apex trigger upgrade?

I never felt that they were that bad, but yes: gritty and spongy were the common complaints. this new one definitely FEELS much, much better. I can't wait to shoot it.

I think most complaints about the M&P trigger were overstated. Same with DA/SA triggers and manual safeties. Just makes a lot of shooters look and sound like untrainable and unadaptable princesses with a pea under their matresses.

The 2.0 has great ergonomics. I'll tell you one thing, if you dont have callused hands, you can get them pretty quick with that grip texture. Its been an easy tease for the officers I know that have b!tched about it. Girly hands...

S&W hit a home run with the 2.0. Not that the 1.0 was any slouch. But the trigger was definitely the weak point. Kudos to them for paying attention and getting it right. You'd be hard pressed at this point to find a polymer gun with a better trigger than the M&P 2.0. It's a hell of a value at $450 (give or take). And it's not ugly like certain other polymer guns. :D

I'm just waiting to shoot it, but yeah I agree with you from what I've seen so far. The M&P was the first gun I could shoot accurately (ergos); so I've been a big fan of it since 2005.

Stepson is a LEO and carries a M&P. While it is a nice pistol, the trigger was ok, not terrible but not good. Traded in for the 2.0. BIG difference. So much so that my old iron and wood loving self is stepping up for this:
M&P®45 M2.0™ Thumb Safety | Smith & Wesson

I have the non-safety M&P45 2.0. With the small grip mod, it is the same size as M&P9 2.0 with a medium. You'll like it!

Was able to get out and shoot it and, wow! Really nice. Not far off in terms of accuracy than my CZ-clones in SA. Trigger is now a breeze. Well done, S&W!

I have put about 500 rounds down the pipe of my new 2.0 9mm.
The 2.0 is definitely a better trigger from the earlier model. And better
ergonomics. I have upgraded early model M & P 45s with the Apex sears.
Now that is an outstanding trigger.:D

DSC00109.JPG DSC00081.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews