JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, after much searching around, I found one in stock and ordered it. Been wanting to get back into BP for some time and the recent changes, helped move it along. Anyway, I'll post up some photos once it is here. Anyone else have the Lyman Trade Rifle? I didn't want to spend a ton on a front stuffer and Traditions has never really met the look for me. Lyman quality is a bit better also. I figured the Trade Rifle should fit the niche for my type of shooting. Plinking and maybe a deer hunt in the future. Below is a stock photo just for gazing pleasures.

PR0652.jpg

Last Edited:
I got it in the .50 cal. Appreciate the offer of help but, I've had probably more than 11 muzzleloaders in my life time.:D All percussion as I never got into the flints. I may see if I can pick up a spare barrel with the flint lock that way, I could do both.

.50 is a great caliber....and the extra flint barrel may come in handy with caps being as scarce as they are...:D
Andy
That was kind of my thinking also. I was telling another member, I found some in stock but, you had to have a minimum $200 order to be able to get them! :eek:

A neat thing to do if you get your flintlock and spare barrel....
Would be to inlet a cap box...and tack the rifle up
Kinda like this one below....
The bottom gun is a flintlock rifle with a cap box circa mid to late 1840's.
Andy
Dang those are beautiful rifles! I was contemplating doing the brass tacks on the LTR but, not sure now. As far as doing a patch box, I'd need someone else to do it who has a steady hand. I just know I'd mess up and permanently ruin the stock!

Dang those are beautiful rifles! I was contemplating doing the brass tacks on the LTR but, not sure now. As far as doing a patch box, I'd need someone else to do it who has a steady hand. I just know I'd mess up and permanently ruin the stock!
Well...if I were closer...I'd do it for you.
Do you have any muzzle loading clubs near by...?
Maybe ask at the GunWorks...?

Those are neat guns for sure.
The upper is my Parker Field Northwest Tradegun...circa 1854...
Converted flintlock 20 gauge
The Lower is a J.Henry Traderifle with a Leman barrel...circa mid- late 1840's
Flintlock .52 caliber
Andy

I'll have to see if I can make a trip down to the GunWorks. They are down in Eugene and I don't usually go that far south much anymore. But, always love an excuse for a road trip! 🤣

I'm contemplating selling the Lyman. Been having some issue due to my disability (which affects my arms) and the Trade Rifle is a bit on the heavy side. I think toting it around in the field for hunting may be a bit much for me. @ 8.5lbs it starts to feel like a tank! I would think with Lyman no longer producing traditional muzzleloaders, and it being new in box, should sell fairly quick. The T/C New Englander is much better size wise.

I got it in the .50 cal. Appreciate the offer of help but, I've had probably more than 11 muzzleloaders in my life time.:D All percussion as I never got into the flints. I may see if I can pick up a spare barrel with the flint lock that way, I could do both.
I have a used Lyman Trade rifle 50 caliber barrel that needs a good home, cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top