JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw a video of a guy loading 44-40 cases with a Lyman 310 and I liked it very much. I think its a better design than the Lee loader. I'm thinking of getting a set for 8mm Mauser that I can take into the field, does anybody here use these?

WHOA. Loading a straight walled pistol case is a lot easier then a LONG full lenght sized rifle brass. Granted if you use it a bunch you will have HULK grip for sure.

Physic's guy is right the Lee breech lock hand press has MUCH more leverage then the Lyman 310. The 310 is an awesome tool but its a tool that was designed back in the day of .45Long and 44-40 being what your rifle shot as well as the pistol. Not something like an 8mm mauser or 30-06 round.

I had a lyman 310, it's great if you have to load up about 5 rounds, because you're a cowboy and you have some black powder and bullets and primers, and you shot 5 rounds at dinner. It is incredibly difficult to use, and even with lube the cases will often stick or come close to sticking, other times it will tear off part of the rim.

It's a neat tool, but the time for it has passed. The Lee hand press and some neck sizing dies would do you a lot better in the field, yea, it's a bit bulkier, but it's a much more versatile system. If you're really hot on getting an ideal, there's one with a bunch of dies sitting in the used bin over at the loading shop I go to down here in california, if you want I'll pick it up for you and you can pay me back.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top