JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi C&R Junkies, a tidbit shared elsewhere,

I was meeting a gentleman at a midway FFL, to transfer some SKS iron. Hadn't been to this shop since the plague made people crazy, but you know the drill, check out the inventory. The racks on the floor were pretty bare, no pistols in the glass cases, and the hundred station rack behind the counter, only had about 8 slots with rifles for sale.
Among those was a .30-06 FN49. Filed in my memory card.

So after the 10 Kali cooling-off cycle, I go back to pick up a Cowboy Companion barreled receiver that I DROSed. I happened to mention to the owner, I had some SKSs that I'd trade straight across for the FN49. What would it take? He knows I'm an SKS junkie/whore. Comes back saying 3 good ones would do it. "I'll be back" says I. The next day I show up with a Yugo M59/66 (neutered for Kali - Tapco muzzle device), a commercial NORINCO (non-milsurp), and a home grown Paratrooper (P50 front, Williams Fire sight, short threaded TriDelta brake) built from a CAI cracked stocked special. An "F" letter gun with matching metal bits.

"WE GOT A DEAL" he says. The FN serial is 1271, pretty low number. Has a couple minor issues, but other wise seems decent. I'm stoked.
This will be my 3rd FN49. A garage sale Egyptian, and a 7MM Venezuelan as issued. PAX

Every time that I ran across an AL marked FN-49. Well.....I thought about my M1s and I just couldn't bring myself to spend the price that the owner wanted for it.

Aloha, Mark

Every time that I ran across an AL marked FN-49. Well.....I thought about my M1s and I just couldn't bring myself to spend the price that the owner wanted for it.

Aloha, Mark

Mark,

I can relate. I've always been to broke to take advantage of the Garands when they were relatively affordable. I went down the SKS rabbit hole instead. They were priced within my grasp, and around all over. I had managed to finally acquire an M1 a couple years ago, a DMC Winchester. One of the main decisions to got after the LUX, was because I have a ton of M1 boolits and 2 .30-06 bolts, an Eddystone and a 03A3. Plus my barter fodder, even though they could bring a heap of ducat$ in today's market, I didn't have a fortune tied up in them, as I'd had them for years. To me, it was a push for the iron. They were asking $2400 for the FN, which is just too much cash for me, but no money change hands. I kinda got my SVT40 in the same manner. I traded 2 Bubbad SKSs and 2 Big 5 Mosin 91/30s for it. I was happy to do it. Again, SVTs were/are too rich for my blood, but at one time I had a mess of 91/30s and M44s and a ton of X54. I've thinned out my heap to 2 Finn capture 91/30s, an M44, & an M38. The remaining SKS are ones I have to keep. I've already traded 2 US stamped shoulder holsters for a FN bayo, scabbard & frog ;) PAX

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top