JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Poor Mark Hamil, fighting to stay relevant. I guess Corvette Summer never paid off for him. Somebody has his lightsaber vertically inserted up his backside a wee bit too far these days.
Guess where I'm taking the kids for lunch tomorrow in my large SUV? Jimmy John's!!!
If I can't get elephant brisket I would be up for some dolphin sushi or whale mcnuggets.

I guess it's finally sunk-in for Mr Skywalker that the acting thing isn't is going to take off. He's starting a new career in African wildlife management... doesn't seem to be going very well so far, it's almost like doesn't know anything about conservation. Read the manual, Luke. Old bulls don't breed anymore and often kill younge,r vital males.

Between Chick-Fil-A and Jimmy John's I've got most of my dietary requirements met. Is there a particular beer that triggers the left? Asking for a friend....

I guess it's finally sunk-in for Mr Skywalker that the acting thing isn't is going to take off. He's starting a new career in African wildlife management... doesn't seem to be going very well so far, it's almost like doesn't know anything about conservation. Read the manual, Luke. Old bulls don't breed anymore and often kill younge,r vital males.

Between Chick-Fil-A and Jimmy John's I've got most of my dietary requirements met. Is there a particular beer that triggers the left? Asking for a friend....
This should help....
1566670954453.png

Didn't he kill a bunch of people in his movies. Bunch of dead stormtroopers and such. Sounds kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

OK, wait a minute.
Is his name Jimmy or is it John?
I don't eat at any grease pit that needs two names.
Made that mistake at Billy Bob's last year.
Not only did I need my stomach pumped, they had to sandblast it too.
Oh look, there's a JohnBoyTommyLeeBobbyJoeBillyRay's BBQ Pit and Latte stand.
Pray for me..........................I'm goin' in..................o_O

Never really understood elephant hunting though. Deer hunting is challenging and not too difficult to take home. I haven't hunted elephant before but it doesn't seem too difficult to shoot an elephant. :confused:
Binging it back to Oregon seems extremely difficult too. lol

I guess I'm saying I don't think I would get anything out of hunting elephants...

Never really understood elephant hunting though. Deer hunting is challenging and not too difficult to take home. I haven't hunted elephant before but it doesn't seem too difficult to shoot an elephant. :confused:
Binging it back to Oregon seems extremely difficult too. lol
Why? Because they're BIG? If you're a hunter then you know that the shot is only a tiny part of the hunt. A very important part, but only a fraction of a second after (what could) be days of on-foot tracking in a pretty inhospitable place, across miles of wilderness. Oftentimes eligible animals have been tagged so the hunter has to find that animal, not just one that meets criteria. Add the fun of murderous ivory-poaching cartels to the mix and the fact that elephants kill humans pretty regularly over there and I'd put it in the "challenging" catagory.

At $30-40G per trip, it's a once-in-a-lifetime jaunt for most people. That money goes back into maintaining herd health and into local economies. Oftentimes (maybe all the time) the meat is distributed to the local village(s) while the hunter takes home pictures and the tusks.

Besides just culling herds of nonviable and/or aggresive animals (this isn't restricted to elephants, also rhinos, lions, etc) it makes the animals valuable to the locals. Considered nuisance animals until fairly recently, elephants can be extremely destructive. They trample farms, destroy trees, chase away game, and sometimes kill people. They've been known to coopt wells and water sources during droughts. If there was no incentive not to, of course you'd kill every one you saw, I would.

I've never been to Africa, never hunted elephant or other dangerous game... I'm not really a hunter at all. But I made it my business to do a some research (this was a while back, after the Cecil the lion sh*tshow) in order to have a rebuttal for the anti-hunting preservationist ninnies that were forming the predictable rage mob. Or not, depending on what I found. This wasn't meant to be a targeted or snarky post... your post, @EUGENE the REALTOR, as quoted above was just a springboard for some info that maybe some members can use as the outraged class gets spun-up (over a 7yr old picture of Jimmy John Whatziznutz)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top