JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is not directed at any specific individual:

The hotel is private property, with very obvious rules for any guests.
What rules do you have regarding your private property ?
Again with the private property excuse.... every dem has beat this excuse into the ground... :rolleyes:

I would have NO problem with them making up any damn rule they want. It was the way they handled this that just shocked me.
I would never bow down to that sh_it, I would have turned on a heel and skedaddled out of there with my middle finger trailing behind me...

Jennifer Aniston Middle Finger GIF

What a bizarre way to do things.:confused:
That they went through his bags without telling him? Then the moronic way they dealt with it after? Sure looks like they are trying to make sure they never have to worry about being over booked.
After learning that they had gone through your bags, a quick-thinking fellow would have asked "Where is the $5k cash that was in the other box?" :D That would be a very awkward moment for a few seconds.

-E-

You and me both. I am shocked he put up with that crap. No matter how much I liked the place I would have been checked out and looking for a new room elsewhere.

Try finding another open hotel room during Shot Show (or any large convention) that isn't 50 miles away or $600 a night.

-E-

Try finding another open hotel room during Shot Show (or any large convention) that isn't 50 miles away or $600 a night.

-E-
Before I put up with what he did I would have just left. Sounds like the way it ended up he wished he had just bagged it and left. Very damn strange way to run a business but, hey its their hotel and they can sure run it any way they wish :s0092:

What I respect in the video is he clearly states, "Their house, their rules," and that he agrees with private property rights. The process may suck, but kudos for the legit perspective.
My takeaway is don't hand your bags with your gun to someone you don't know!
If you did not hand them off they would have no right to search them.
This is no different than handing your bags to a TSA agent.
The reason you could walk right by the desk with your gun is it is still under your control. The guy handed control to a bellhop. DR
Agree that I would NEVER hand off my bags like this to a non-governmental, private party like this, even locked inside. In some states this could be considered a transfer and require a BGC. However, to me this is extremely different compared with handing my guns over, properly, lawfully and per airline and TSA policies. Most laws I've reviewed have exceptions when firearms are being transported for "transfers" and this process is nearly always simple (not the hour-long ordeal he when through). I can say this after going doing it a dozens of airports well over 100 times.
Gestapo search (for guns) in Las Vegas
Gestapo = government. This is their house, their rules...vote with your dollars. Many Holiday Inns across the country now have no guns policies. I get how most ignore these signs and policies when there is no force of law, individual decision. My huge problem is with the luggage search. I did not see anything on their website indicating they can/will do this and if there is no sign this is a major issue. My property, my rules...you don't get to search them unless I'm using your property and agree to your rules (i.e., I leave if I don't like them).

Here are a few of their other policies that I'm betting nearly all LV hotels now have:

What is the Do Not Disturb (DND) policy at the resort?
A Do Not Disturb request will be honored for up to 48 hours; after that an internal observation of the entire suite is required. A uniformed Security Officer, along with a second team member, will knock and await a response, if there is no response they will enter and conduct the observation.

What is the vehicle inspection policy?
All vehicles entering or parking in Venetian|Palazzo garages are subject to random visual inspections of the interior and trunk space. Guests may decline this inspection and park off property.

Why is he using a case that is easy to get into? Flying in, requires a locked hard case.

A Lifepod world have solved this as they are not as easy to get into and they can be used for anything valuable... they don't scream "He's Got A Pistol"

I've found that it's well worth the money.

I think it was a locking TSA case that states Firearm on it.

I have a laptop case that my pistol safe fits in that I carry with me into hotels. If I am asked by a bellhop "Take your bag to your room Sir?", I just say "My laptop stays with me."

Last Edited:
What I respect in the video is he clearly states, "Their house, their rules," and that he agrees with private property rights. The process may suck, but kudos for the legit perspective.

Agree that I would NEVER hand off my bags like this to a non-governmental, private party like this, even locked inside. In some states this could be considered a transfer and require a BGC. However, to me this is extremely different compared with handing my guns over, properly, lawfully and per airline and TSA policies. Most laws I've reviewed have exceptions when firearms are being transported for "transfers" and this process is nearly always simple (not the hour-long ordeal he when through). I can say this after going doing it a dozens of airports well over 100 times.

Gestapo = government. This is their house, their rules...vote with your dollars. Many Holiday Inns across the country now have no guns policies. I get how most ignore these signs and policies when there is no force of law, individual decision. My huge problem is with the luggage search. I did not see anything on their website indicating they can/will do this and if there is no sign this is a major issue. My property, my rules...you don't get to search them unless I'm using your property and agree to your rules (i.e., I leave if I don't like them).

Here are a few of their other policies that I'm betting nearly all LV hotels now have:

What is the Do Not Disturb (DND) policy at the resort?
A Do Not Disturb request will be honored for up to 48 hours; after that an internal observation of the entire suite is required. A uniformed Security Officer, along with a second team member, will knock and await a response, if there is no response they will enter and conduct the observation.

What is the vehicle inspection policy?
All vehicles entering or parking in Venetian|Palazzo garages are subject to random visual inspections of the interior and trunk space. Guests may decline this inspection and park off property.
Exactly all the reasons why I don't go to places that subject their patrons to this type of totalitarian bs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top