JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it suspicious we never heard more about the shooter. Doctors are splicing open the brains of former NFL players looking for CTE but they didn't think to take a closer look at this POS?

From all accounts he was some kind of "genius", financially well-off and nobody could figure out why he did it.

I find it suspicious we never heard more about the shooter. Doctors are splicing open the brains of former NFL players looking for CTE but they didn't think to take a closer look at this POS?

From all accounts he was some kind of "genius", financially well-off and nobody could figure out why he did it.
It's utterly bizarre how fast it was all dropped.

My guess is contempt for those he deemed "below" his "level", and the boredom those types often complain about.

We are a society asleep. This guy gave numerous hints along the path that something was amiss. To family, friends, neighbors. But, the hotel and staff paid no attention as this guy wheeled case after case into his room and set up a surveillance camera outside.

There are many who don't believe he actually did, or that he acted alone even if he did.

Charles Whitman, the 1966 Texas A&M tower shooter. They dissected his brain and found an undiagnosed tumor. Back then, it was the shooter to blame.

Charles Whitman, the 1966 Texas A&M tower shooter. They dissected his brain and found an undiagnosed tumor. Back then, it was the shooter to blame.
If I recall, he was able to use multiple firearms from multiple positions on that tower to convince people he wasn't alone. While a tragedy, that individual showed some skill I'm sure few could match

My understanding is that shooter blew his own brains out so I'd guess there wasn't much to work with:s0092:

There are many who don't believe he actually did, or that he acted alone even if he did.
There are some who know the distinctive sound of a belt fed F/A as well as the sound of a semi-auto/bumping AR variant and there is/was pretty clear and convincing audio demonstrating such…like from the cab driver. Odd things like people apparently being mowed while video shows folks over at the food booth standing around waiting while the cook finishes their order. Don't want to talk about the black clad ninjas running along the roof of the building in the event space…that's all whacky talk ya know.

There are some who know the distinctive sound of a belt fed F/A as well as the sound of a semi-auto/bumping AR variant and there is/was pretty clear and convincing audio demonstrating such…like from the cab driver. Odd things like people apparently being mowed while video shows folks over at the food booth standing around waiting while the cook finishes their order. Don't want to talk about the black clad ninjas running along the roof of the building in the event space…that's all whacky talk ya know.
:s0106:

Lots of helicopters with inoperable transponders, too... :rolleyes:

FWIW, I've been to the top of that tower in Austin and it is remarkable to me people did not take cover, as there are a dozen solid places you could take cover, including concrete retaining walls and structures. I can only surmise the victims could not hear the report or could not tell which direction the shots where coming from due to echos.

FWIW, I've been to the top of that tower in Austin and it is remarkable to me people did not take cover, as there are a dozen solid places you could take cover, including concrete retaining walls and structures. I can only surmise the victims could not hear the report or could not tell which direction the shots where coming from due to echos.
That and the amount of people that were out and about was a target rich enviro. Lots of folks just got caught out in the open quad. I remember that at least one responding occifer did use the retaining wall.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top