JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What used to be Bud's on Aurora, now Precision Shooter, had a few 1911s in the used case in your price range. I think I remember seeing a used stainless Taurus in there for around $400...

The sights are fixed to the slide, no adjustibility or replacement options that I have found for front or rear. I painted my rear sight white and the front bright red to help with target acquisition. I got the gun to try out the 1911 platform and wasn't too concerned that it was a VERY basic model. I have since fallen in love with 1911s in general, and my next purchase is going to be a Dan Wesson CCO or Valkyrie.

I know folks have mixed feelings on the Turkish guns, but I took my Tisas Zig 1911 (A2) out again last weekend. Great shooter and probably the most accurate .45 I've owned. For under $400, I still think they're a great deal.

Your best bet would be a Rock Island, I would stay away from anything made in Turkey.

I still have some steel shards in my leg from a broken locking lug from a Turkish made shotgun that decided to come apart with a target load. The entire bolt and locking lug shattered like glass. It was heat treated way to hard!! Spent 8 hours in the ER while they dug it all out!

That's a bummer story. Was this recently? And do recall the brand of the gun? Would be good info to have on hand.

This summer, I bought a 1945 WW ll Remington Rand M1911A1 GI bring back pistol for only $400.00 and a box of 9mm ammo.
There are deals out there, you just have to be quick and have the cash on hand.
I had a member here that is a part time gunsmith re park it and I'm really happy with the work he put into it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top