JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What used to be Bud's on Aurora, now Precision Shooter, had a few 1911s in the used case in your price range. I think I remember seeing a used stainless Taurus in there for around $400...

The sights are fixed to the slide, no adjustibility or replacement options that I have found for front or rear. I painted my rear sight white and the front bright red to help with target acquisition. I got the gun to try out the 1911 platform and wasn't too concerned that it was a VERY basic model. I have since fallen in love with 1911s in general, and my next purchase is going to be a Dan Wesson CCO or Valkyrie.

I know folks have mixed feelings on the Turkish guns, but I took my Tisas Zig 1911 (A2) out again last weekend. Great shooter and probably the most accurate .45 I've owned. For under $400, I still think they're a great deal.

Your best bet would be a Rock Island, I would stay away from anything made in Turkey.

I still have some steel shards in my leg from a broken locking lug from a Turkish made shotgun that decided to come apart with a target load. The entire bolt and locking lug shattered like glass. It was heat treated way to hard!! Spent 8 hours in the ER while they dug it all out!

That's a bummer story. Was this recently? And do recall the brand of the gun? Would be good info to have on hand.

This summer, I bought a 1945 WW ll Remington Rand M1911A1 GI bring back pistol for only $400.00 and a box of 9mm ammo.
There are deals out there, you just have to be quick and have the cash on hand.
I had a member here that is a part time gunsmith re park it and I'm really happy with the work he put into it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top