JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Time to give up for the night. Ran out off rifle primers a couple weeks ago in the middle out a batch of .308s. No big deal or hurry to get more as I'm not low on 30 caliber ammo, but got some today and now I can't find the slugs. Looked for most of an hour. Nothing special, just some Mosin tracers sized down for the .308. I've more unsized but there is a container of about 300 somewhere. This kind of thing drives me nuts, getting old and it shows more and more. That's what I get for cleaning up the gunroom. Maybe I should go see if I put them in the fridge:confused:.

I found my phone in the bottom part of the stove after I put it there six months prior.
Seemed like a good idea at the time apparently. doh!
good luck

There's a $100 rifle barrel in my house somewhere that I can't find. It's not an exceptionally big or cluttered house, and I've cleaned and torn the place apart from end to end looking for it. Either I'm losing my mind or it somehow vanished through a wormhole into an alternate universe.

The alternate me in that alternate universe is now scratching his head wondering how he ended up with two identical barrels. :)

I'll have one set of sunglasses up on my forehead and then put another pair on and go to the store. Does that count? I use a bright red koozie for my can of beer, because as I move around the house doing stuff I'll set it in weird places and I'd lose it if it weren't a bright color.

It's pretty bad when you are working on something and have to stop to look for a tool that should be right there in front of you, only to find it was in your "off hand" the whole time! I loose things like that all the time, the wife always says you will find it eventually, its in the last place you look for it! I wish it would be the first place I look, that would save me a lot of head scratching. I just need to figure out how to get to the Last place first! HAHA Whats worse, I try and set things someplace I know I wont forget, and guess what, I forget! Now I just need to figure out whee I set my Beer, I swear it was right here next to the computer!!!

As your brain gets older it needs more then one neural brain pathway to remember certain things.
Try this memory trick.

1st memory pathway;
"I'm placing this box of ammo on this upper shelf so I can go shooting tomorrow."

2nd memory pathway;
"Right next to the box of ammo is my old hunting hat."

3rd memory pathway;
"I look really stupid wearing that hat, and that's why I put it up on that upper shelf."

I'll have one set of sunglasses up on my forehead and then put another pair on and go to the store. Does that count? I use a bright red koozie for my can of beer, because as I move around the house doing stuff I'll set it in weird places and I'd lose it if it weren't a bright color.
I see no problem there. Grab another. Your beverage is always cold and fresh :D

Up-date, lost bullets
Woke up 4am this morning with the thought the bullets are in the ammo can with the recently loaded ammo. No luck, they are gone. But the son-in-law came over asking about concealed carry holsters and when pulling out my stash I found the wood grips for a Taurus 92 I have been searching for the last 2 months. So I commitited to resize more slugs and as getting the ammo can out I see a wood ammo crate unlabeled so of course I look inside. Found a 1000 or so 308's I had loaded with 30-30 slugs 2 years ago.
Just taking a break, back to sizing.
Of course you know when I'm done I will find the lost bullets.

I've think problems like these are why they invented Post-it notes. I have these same symptoms. It all started right around the time I had to start using reading glasses. Tools were in my pocket when they should have been in my hand. Truck keys on the wrong pocket. I once bought a 221 Fireball barrel for my Contender at a gun show. I figured at some future show I'd find a deal on a scope for it. Six months later I'm digging around in a drawer for a holster for my six gun and I find a used pistol scope. I have no idea when or where it came from. I talked with the guys I worked with at the time about how I must be getting old. We decided it's a condition called "CRS". Can't Remember Sh!t. Don't be sad. It's the warning sign that you can now use that senior discount!o_O

I ordered some parts for my car awhile back... nothing real expensive or large; a couple of loops that keep the seat belts in place and a battery disconnect switch (its an old car in antique category...but I digress). I got the parts and put them in my office... because my office is small and I CAN'T loose them there.... a few weeks later, I go to get the parts and of course they have evaporated.... maybe I put them in garage with the car.... tore garage apart.. nope... After two weeks of varying between frantic searching and casually poking around, I gave up an ordered new parts... they arrived and the next day, I found the ones I had originally lost.... cripes... the senior discount thing isn't even close to enough compensation for this kind of madness!

I was helping with a building project this last week and I was removing door knibs from two doors and awaiting the installation of the new doors so I put the knobs on them.

One of the guys looked at me funny when I assembled the door knobs and set them on the counter.

I've been there my friend. That's why I don't leave parts lying around. Like the knobs I assemble because it won't be because of me that something isn't complete.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top