JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We sat here in our little hut earlier in the pre-dawn dark this morning while momma handcranked the ol' TV and watched the international news as a literal horde of people invaded a store in Philadelphia and trashed it, but not before emptying all the racks and shelves of what looked like some pretty spiffy merchandise of the apparel kind.

In earlier times these cockroaches would have been shot on sight - so why are they risking death by doing it now?

I remain, Messieurs et Madames,
Yr Obdt Svt,
Puzzled of Cambridge

They do it because they can.
The precedent has been set and the narrative written: Hands-off the looters.

Police are being ordered to stand-by and stand-down by weak leadership (elected and non-elected) who openly mock our 1st Amendment by equating riots and looting to "Free Speech".

This has been going on for months. Whether it's due to utter incompetence or absolute evil intent, they are facilitating the end-game, which is to destroy the country from the inside through economic destabilization and creating irreparable rifts between the "classes"... ALL of them: LE V. Citizen. Poor V. Rich. Right V. Left. Black V. White. Male V. Female, etc. As is always the case, all struggles, real and imagined, are cast as Victim V. Oppressor in order to allow groups/individuals on each side to name heroes and martyrs.

The rioters and looters are just useful idiots, tools in the anarchist's box.

In earlier times these cockroaches would have been shot on sight - so why are they risking death by doing it now?

I remain, Messieurs et Madames,
Yr Obdt Svt,
Puzzled of Cambridge

Because they aren't risking death.
They aren't even risking getting caught.
Looting has become the latest fad, the 'in' thing to do.
Don't even need a reason. Just go steal something.
I'm surprised they haven't made a reality tv show about it yet.

At the simplest level, it is all about looting.

At a higher level, is is all about looting, but in a more complicated way.

The people actually doing the physical looting and later damage are just tools/fools.

At a higher level are the tool wielders who really benefit - long term, and in an indirect fashion - from the looting, but on a much grander scale. That is why it is allowed to go on now - whereas in the past it wasn't allowed. When it ceases to be of benefit to the higher powers, it will cease to be allowed.

Philly trigger was cops killing a man, armed with a knife.

Apparently, they were supposed to let themselves get stabbed.

The headlines leave out "armed"

" You could have shot him in the leg," said Jada Hilton. "

Last Edited:
There is a recently published book actually defending and arguing for looting in some cases. I'm not wasting the time nor money on such drivel, but it is shows the mentality of some contributors in our culture. (The only upshot is the few reviews I read or skimmed, with few exception, positively blasted the author's reasoning.) :rolleyes:

Glad that Portlands old police chief Danielle Outlaw went to Philly. Her first bold move AFTER being hired by Portland's Mayor Wheeler was to request a new hire that would do her job so that she could focus on "the larger issues". Wheeler caved and added that position.

Her first bold more when going to Philly was to strike down the fingernail polish color requirement. New top cop in Philly puts 'nail polish policy' ahead of skyrocketing homicide problem The title says it all: "
New top cop in Philly puts 'nail polish policy' ahead of skyrocketing homicide problem"

She was a bad hire for PDX and I'm glad she moved on. Good luck with her Philly, and please don't send her back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top