Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looks like anti-gunners are going after homemade firearms

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jefe, May 24, 2013.

1. jefe

jefe Portland Active Member

The article (& video) is conveying that criminals are using parts kits to build "assault rifles." I've never heard of a criminal being well-equipped enough to build a rifle that won't blow up in his/her hands. Do criminals really have patience, the proper tooling, and expertise to build firearms? Would they have the intelligence to even properly head-space?

Lastly, I've never heard of a criminal or maniac going on a shooting rampage with a parts kit build. This is nothing more than a further attack on our 2A. Next they're gonna start demanding background checks for every piece/part of a firearm. Do you want to repair your pistol or rifle? SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK. Do you want to replace your barrel or firing pin? SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

2. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

3. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Ground SN's are totally untraceable too. What's it matter if it's traceable?

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Not always, remember the Robert Blake murder trial? They found the murder weapon, a revolver with ground off serials... They were able to still get a read of the numbers because the striking displaced the grain of the metal a fair distance into the thickness of the metal. Its like taking a branding hammer to the end of a log, when you strike it the pattern displaces through the length of the log.

5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Guns manufactured prior to GCA1968 were not required to have SN on them. Inexpensive ones did not. There are a few million out there, I own a couple. Complaint is bogus