JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The article (& video) is conveying that criminals are using parts kits to build "assault rifles." I've never heard of a criminal being well-equipped enough to build a rifle that won't blow up in his/her hands. Do criminals really have patience, the proper tooling, and expertise to build firearms? Would they have the intelligence to even properly head-space?

Lastly, I've never heard of a criminal or maniac going on a shooting rampage with a parts kit build. This is nothing more than a further attack on our 2A. Next they're gonna start demanding background checks for every piece/part of a firearm. Do you want to repair your pistol or rifle? SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK. Do you want to replace your barrel or firing pin? SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

The article (& video) is conveying that criminals are using parts kits to build "assault rifles." I've never heard of a criminal being well-equipped enough to build a rifle that won't blow up in his/her hands. Do criminals really have patience, the proper tooling, and expertise to build firearms? Would they have the intelligence to even properly head-space?

Lastly, I've never heard of a criminal or maniac going on a shooting rampage with a parts kit build. This is nothing more than a further attack on our 2A. Next they're gonna start demanding background checks for every piece/part of a firearm. Do you want to repair your pistol or rifle? SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK. Do you want to replace your barrel or firing pin? SUBMIT TO REGISTRATION.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

Ground SN's are totally untraceable too. What's it matter if it's traceable?

Ground SN's are totally untraceable too. What's it matter if it's traceable?

Not always, remember the Robert Blake murder trial? They found the murder weapon, a revolver with ground off serials... They were able to still get a read of the numbers because the striking displaced the grain of the metal a fair distance into the thickness of the metal. Its like taking a branding hammer to the end of a log, when you strike it the pattern displaces through the length of the log.

Not always, remember the Robert Blake murder trial? They found the murder weapon, a revolver with ground off serials... They were able to still get a read of the numbers because the striking displaced the grain of the metal a fair distance into the thickness of the metal. Its like taking a branding hammer to the end of a log, when you strike it the pattern displaces through the length of the log.

Guns manufactured prior to GCA1968 were not required to have SN on them. Inexpensive ones did not. There are a few million out there, I own a couple. Complaint is bogus

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top