JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Guys,

New to the USA, I moved to WA from Australia around 4 months ago. Im here on a E2 visa (non Citizen or green card) Iv got my hunters license and looking for a store in Vancouver WA (clark county) thats hunter license friendly?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Aaron

I could do that, but as I'm legally allowed to own my own gun I'm looking into this option first.

As an FFL licensed gun dealer, the last time I tried to get approval for an out of state visitor, a client from Canada, my request went nowhere and it took many months to get that far. :eek:
In the end the atf/fbi told me the visitor needed special authorization #123xyz and he could only get that when at a govt border office...

As an FFL licensed gun dealer, the last time I tried to get approval for an out of state visitor, a client from Canada, my request went nowhere and it took many months to get that far. :eek:
In the end the atf/fbi told me the visitor needed special authorization #123xyz and he could only get that when at a govt border office...

That may be the case as he wasn't legally a resident of a US State? I have resided in WA for 4 months now and have my hunting permit which I read on the ATF site allows me to purchase & own a firearm even as a non-citizen. Im here legally.

I'm not in the Vancouver area, so cannot recommend a dealer. In the off-chance you haven't seen it, ATF has a Q&A section related to Nonimmigrant Aliens here, that may be of interest.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and NWFA. :)

Haha. Thank you for the welcome. I love it here!

Good luck with your search Aaron. Is your visa a work visa? Aren't those only good for a year or 2? My boy was in Australia on a work visa. Now he's in New Zealand under another visa. I'm wondering if you are limited to the time you are allowed to be in the USA, if you are really eligible to buy and own a gun here???? Maybe someone else with some knowledge on this matter can chime in... How much money are you looking to spend on a good hunting rifle???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top