JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good luck with your search Aaron. Is your visa a work visa? Aren't those only good for a year or 2? My boy was in Australia on a work visa. Now he's in New Zealand under another visa. I'm wondering if you are limited to the time you are allowed to be in the USA, if you are really eligible to buy and own a gun here???? Maybe someone else with some knowledge on this matter can chime in... How much money are you looking to spend on a good hunting rifle???

My Visa is 5 years but can be renewed infinite amount of times as long as I meet the visa requirements. I have no budget in mind, so will be researching into what suits me etc Your boy should come back here!! this is an awesome place to be.

Probably a wise decision...
Not really. They are not attorneys and what they tell you even if you could prove it, is not a defense from prosecution. You're asking someone with a HS diploma and a few weeks of training in many cases on their subjective opinion. Attorneys usually require 7 years of education and the BAR exam.

Ask an Attorney that handles firearms cases in WA. $350 for a 1 hr consult OR, post on avvo.com see the free attorney responses, then pay one with the best response $40 for a 15 minute consult.

Last Edited:
Contact Jon @NWCustomFirearms.

He sells new and used guns and has a very good grasp on gun laws.

Plus he is a nice guy to chat with.

Last I heard he was changing phone numbers so maybe just send him a private conversation or go to his shop during open hours.

He is in Vancouver as well.

Phones are back up and running, still changing some things around but you can give me a call if need be. 360-334-7200
Contact Jon @NWCustomFirearms.

He sells new and used guns and has a very good grasp on gun laws.

Plus he is a nice guy to chat with.

Last I heard he was changing phone numbers so maybe just send him a private conversation or go to his shop during open hours.

He is in Vancouver as well.[/QU

I would call the local ATF office and let them know what your wanting.
Most local police or Sheriffs won't know squat.

Check with the ATF and ask them exactly what you need to do or have to purchase a firearm.

Good luck. This can be a frustrating process and a bit of anrun around. Please keep us informed!

Hi Guys,

New to the USA, I moved to WA from Australia around 4 months ago. Im here on a E2 visa (non Citizen or green card) Iv got my hunters license and looking for a store in Vancouver WA (clark county) thats hunter license friendly?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Aaron
Welcome to the U.S. and the forum! Although it's a bit of a pain at the moment, it sounds like you will eventually reach your goal. While your experience is a bit different due to your visitor status, what are your thoughts on how things go here in general with guns compared to back home? Were you planning to stay and work towards a green card and citizenship? Either way, nice to have you here sharing our enthusiasm. You should come out to the volunteer shooting area clean ups in the spring. You will get to meet a lot of great folks. Afterwards there's a big shoot and BBQ. Usually if you strike up a conversation, many of the folks will let you try out their guns. Search around the site for shooting area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top