JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a crazy commitment to make our entire Thanksgiving dinner in dutch ovens on an open fire/coals. Its an old boy scout thing. I need to borrow/rent a 12" or bigger. I have 4 now...just need one more. Any help is appreciated. I will make a "to die for" bread pudding in a dutch oven for the person who can help me. Thanks

Oh man.....I have a Dutch oven but it's not in great shape. Needs to be refurbished. I don't think it's a 12" either. Sorry.

I can refurbish the oven for you...a 10" would work also.

Here's what I've got....

P1040918.JPG

P1040919.JPG

If you can use it's yours to use. It's 10" across the top.

Not much of a bread pudding person though, thanks...All I can think of when it come to bread pudding....

Last Edited:
I was afraid of that. Whelp, good luck Thursday. Cooking a whole meal for family and guests, in dutch ovens, sound just a little worse than an all day root canal to me! Have fun!

Thanks Mike
It will be a challenge with 7 dishes and desert but it will be great fun.
Oh I should mention my son will be during the heavy lifting ... he is an Eagle Scout and Exec Chef in town.:)

Cookware wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title... o_O

Leave it to the good folks here at NWRA to come through when help is needed!
The Dutch oven thanksgiving came off well and the crowd ( just 6) loved it. My immense thanks to RKBA for the dutch oven loan.
And thanks for all the great dealings I had here this year. Over 100 transactions and nary a problem with any member. A lot more here on this site than a bunch of gun nuts!

20201127_094145.jpg 20201126_155415.jpg

Leave it to the good folks here at NWRA to come through when help is needed!
The Dutch oven thanksgiving came off well and the crowd ( just 6) loved it. My immense thanks to RKBA for the dutch oven loan.
And thanks for all the great dealings I had here this year. Over 100 transactions and nary a problem with any member. A lot more here on this site than a bunch of gun nuts!

View attachment 783536 View attachment 783537

Yup!

Very nice! Glad it all came together. That's a great way to do it. I went a partial low and slow this year too, more relaxed and not as stressful. Dutch Oven cooking should be enjoyable and it looks like it was.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top