JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, you are correct. I'm looking for the common one that is approx 99% of them out there. It still confuses me at times because a lot of stores carry the different ones side by side.
I understand why you say that, but Armalite still has a large market share, much more than 1%. Yes the SR-25 pattern has become more common and has over shadowed the Armalite in the past few years, but not 99%

Yes the other "odd" ball mags are a very small percentage for sure. They were also developed to use readily available and inexpensive magazines. At one point you could by good quality G3 magazines for about $2 each.
I ended up finding the 20 round PMags at Primary Arms for $16.49 each. Not sure I'll find a cheaper option.
That is a good deal.
I'm still looking for some stainless steel black ones as those shouldn't warp if left loaded for a prolonged period.
Is warping a problem with Magpul mags? I have not seen any reports of this, do you have a reference?

No reference, just internet fodder. Although, plastic tends to be much more fluid given enough pressure and time. Not really a concern but I'd like to diversify them a bit.

I understand why you say that, but Armalite still has a large market share, much more than 1%. Yes the SR-25 pattern has become more common and has over shadowed the Armalite in the past few years, but not 99%

Yes the other "odd" ball mags are a very small percentage for sure. They were also developed to use readily available and inexpensive magazines. At one point you could by good quality G3 magazines for about $2 each.

That is a good deal.

Is warping a problem with Magpul mags? I have not seen any reports of this, do you have a reference?

No reference, just internet fodder. Although, plastic tends to be much more fluid given enough pressure and time. Not really a concern but I'd like to diversify them a bit.

I have kept a few of their 5.56 mags loaded for 10 years without issue. It wouldn't surprise me if the 7.62 mags preform much the same. I'm sure there are others here who have kept dozens of loaded mags from various manufacturers loaded for long periods. I wouldn't be surprised if very few brands fail.

I have kept a few of their 5.56 mags loaded for 10 years without issue. It wouldn't surprise me if the 7.62 mags preform much the same. I'm sure there are others here who have kept dozens of loaded mags from various manufacturers loaded for long periods. I wouldn't be surprised if very few brands fail.
I actually just dug out a loaded Magpul 25rd mag that was loaded with some mystery ammo I haven't seen in 8-9 years. I know this because it was under some paperwork dated 2014.

Went in the backyard and rang the hell out of a steel target in the Ruger SFAR. All 25 rounds fired fine, no failures.

I'm sure some of these mags fail, but the internet takes a handful of failures and Faucis them into a pandemic.

Yes, you are correct. I'm looking for the common one that is approx 99% of them out there. It still confuses me at times because a lot of stores carry the different ones side by side. I ended up finding the 20 round PMags at Primary Arms for $16.49 each. Not sure I'll find a cheaper option. I'm still looking for some stainless steel black ones as those shouldn't warp if left loaded for a prolonged period.
Not many do stainless AR mags.
CPD (C-Products Defense) is one who does under the Duramag brand.
Sometimes they need to be tuned up....I would proof them at the range.

Not many do stainless AR mags.
CPD (C-Products Defense) is one who does under the Duramag brand.
Sometimes they need to be tuned up....I would proof them at the range.
I think I have a couple of those. I haven't really beaten on them much, but they've worked OK. I've had bad luck dropping steel and especially aluminum mags in 5.56. Bent the body or the feed lips a few times. Easy to fix, but still.

Keeping Pmags full is a non issue for the gen3 ones with the cap.
What killed two of mine that were loaded was when they slid off of the table.
Broke the feed lips at the rear and it was a .308 volcano.

Magpul did take them back and replace them.
The only metal mags in the $20 range that have worked for me are the D&H ones.

I am travelling to Oregon this weekend to purchase massive amounts of hi-cap mags. On my return trip, I will transport an illegal alien back with me to avoid legal problems.

If you havnt heard of lanbos armory, check it out. ignore the 2005 website (find products by upc)

Pmag ar10 are $17.85. Flat rate shipping is $10 for warehouse items and they use fedex home delivery, always gets to me early.

they ship ultra fast, love them sooo much.

Last Edited:
I have an order in with Primary Arms, $16.49 each for 20 round PMags. That was the deal that I first saw and was looking if it was the best one out there. Looks like it may be.

I have an order in with Primary Arms, $16.49 each for 20 round PMags. That was the deal that I first saw and was looking if it was the best one out there. Looks like it may be.
$16.11 today (plus shipping).

$16.11 today (plus shipping).

Dang it, there goes some more $$$! It's amazing how prices are never consistent on the net.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top