JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My buddy and I were hanging out the other day and he brought out a cool old Mauser that was gifted to him by his grandfather, I think. Anyways, after some googling, we think it is an 1889 or 1891 Argentine Mauser. At this point, we are assuming that it is still the 7.65 caliber, but not 100% sure. Most of the expected markings, stamps, crests, etc have been sanded away. There are a few things though that we can't make out.

We are just looking to learn more about the rifle and at some point, make a good shooter out of it again.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Additional pics can be uploaded.

51882936800_88d4efe3ee_o[1].jpg 51882362598_6a8c8e0b9e_o[1].jpg 51882362588_fdaf942a1c_o[1].jpg 51882286596_925deb82a4_o[1].jpg

A good place to research that would be on "gunboards.com". Scroll down to the "Military Mauser" forum. people from all over the world participate in the forum. Lottsa' knowledge!

A good place to research that would be on "gunboards.com". Scroll down to the "Military Mauser" forum. people from all over the world participate in the forum. Lottsa' knowledge!

Awesome. Thank you!

My dad and I converted one when I was 13 with the idea that it would become my muley hunter..Bedding the new sport stock went well, the new optic rings needed little tweaking to complete. Bore sighted and was on paper immediately...Zeroed in three rounds...All good right? Not so much. It kicked like a freaking mule! I was relieved that it didn't need more than three rounds to zero...In the next two years I killed 2 nice bucks with it but including the two rounds to accomplish that I only fired 5 rounds in the 2 years total....The recoil was incredible...Incredibly accurate but sold it as soon as my dad let me...Still hurts 50 years later!

Well, I'll let him deal with the recoil. I don't think it will get shot much, but mostly will be a cool relic. He does want it to be a shooter though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top