JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep your eye's on NWFA forum. Many fair sellers here asking a reasonable price. Of course many of the sellers on here are horders and gougers. It's always been that way. Good luck.
No Primers and....
iwr3m.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Found some cci 34's the other day for $70 at a small lgs. Still hurt a bit but I bought them anyway. Got home only to find another stash I forgot about. Oh well, now I have a more comfortable 2500 plus. I use quite a few for my .308 gas guns and even more now that I load for 7.62x 39.

Found some cci 34's the other day for $70 at a small lgs. Still hurt a bit but I bought them anyway. Got home only to find another stash I forgot about. Oh well, now I have a more comfortable 2500 plus. I use quite a few for my .308 gas guns and even more now that I load for 7.62x 39.
Having more is better!

$70 sounds BAD, however its better than over $100. Or simply not available.

Looking at BiMart online, looks as they will be pricing CCI primers at $59. If any stores have them, or when they do.

Natchez has a "decent" deal going now on CCI450s since you can buy 5 bricks and spread out the hazmat and shipping charges. I tested one of these CCI450 primers in my Taurus PT92 and had no problems setting it off. Not sure I would get the same results in a striker fired pistol but I will test it out on next cabin trip.

Comes out to $92 a brick shipped. Even if it is not the primers you want, it may make a good trade item. These primers are popular with the AR crowd and in a pinch may work for pistol loads, at least with hammer fired pistols.

I guess my hoarding disease payed off the the past few years. Hopefully things come back around in the near future. This happened before and I'm quite sure it'll happen again.

Natchez has a "decent" deal going now on CCI450s since you can buy 5 bricks and spread out the hazmat and shipping charges. I tested one of these CCI450 primers in my Taurus PT92 and had no problems setting it off. Not sure I would get the same results in a striker fired pistol but I will test it out on next cabin trip.

Comes out to $92 a brick shipped. Even if it is not the primers you want, it may make a good trade item. These primers are popular with the AR crowd and in a pinch may work for pistol loads, at least with hammer fired pistols.

I can confirm my original striker fired Glock 19 struggled to consistently fire loads primed with S&B small rifle primers, while my hammer fired CZ P-09 was around 90% successful, with 100% of the misfires detonating on the double action follow up trigger pull (after waiting 30 seconds to ensure the first try was not a hangfire). When possible, I will stick to pistol primers for handguns, but would have no qualms using rifle primers in hammer fired handguns, if necessary.

Wholesale prices out of Black Hills is around 50.00 for manufacturers with a FFL, so retail prices will be x % above that. 18 months ago I was paying 19.00 per 1,000...me thinks those days are gone.

I think what we're seeing now are the prepaid back orders coming through to stores etc. If they didn't prepay their order, then the store is paying this months wholesale prices.

So I don't think 35-50.00 per 1,000 primer prices will last long, as most every maker has upped their price by 30-45% this year alone, that's from the emails I've received straight from the manufacturer.

I can confirm my original striker fired Glock 19 struggled to consistently fire loads primed with S&B small rifle primers, while my hammer fired CZ P-09 was around 90% successful, with 100% of the misfires detonating on the double action follow up trigger pull (after waiting 30 seconds to ensure the first try was not a hangfire). When possible, I will stick to pistol primers for handguns, but would have no qualms using rifle primers in hammer fired handguns, if necessary.
Good info. I have read that the S&B srp has a particularly hard cup?

I am surprised these are still available two days later. Maybe people have had their fill of SRM primers.

Maybe but people were paying $100 a brick not too many months ago. I think if these were small pistol primers they would have sold out by now.
I've noticed it slowing down for small pistol as well, they still sell out but it's taking longer. I'm just hoping that the cost starts coming back down again soon. Not going to hold my breath for that though, I'd likely die first. I'm wondering if they finally managed to stop a lot of the bot buying that was happening which is why we see them more.

And/or people realized their primer stocks far outweigh their powder and projectile stocks. I have come to that realization myself. My search is mostly geared toward powder and projectiles now. I won't pass up a "great deal" on primers but I am pretty sure I have more primers than I have powder and projectiles to load with them at this point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top