JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CCI #34s in stock at midway but limit of one brick.

Edit: CCI 450s also in stock. Same limit of one brick but you can buy one of each. They have some powder in stock too including bcl2, magpro and some pistol powders

Last Edited:
Wow, that's big price and I don't even think shipping is listed. Hell if anyone's looking I got #41s cheaper than those are.
Shipping was $20. I know the price is $$$, but hey, they have them by the case. Who else is doing that?

I'm sitting okay at the moment, but there may be others that aren't.

Would you prefer that I just keep my mouth shut? Cause I can do that.

Shipping was $20. I know the price is $$$, but hey, they have them by the case. Who else is doing that?

I'm sitting okay at the moment, but there may be others that aren't.

Would you prefer that I just keep my mouth shut? Cause I can do that.
poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

All info is welcome & appreciated!

Definitely was treat rather than trick at the Kennewick Sportsman's Warehouse when they opened this morning.
0F9C894B-A09C-44D6-8884-A11C9C723450.jpeg
There were some people mocking those of us who walked quickly to the aisle, where 8 bricks were on the shelf. There were 13 people waiting for the store to open. Apparently the mockers aren't good at math.

Last Edited:
Most here don't seem to scalp, most seems to either want to make a few bucks or break even myself included. I'd rather sell or trade things here cause I know it's people that need and use it versus someone just wanting to hoard it all.

Most here don't seem to scalp, most seems to either want to make a few bucks or break even myself included. I'd rather sell or trade things here cause I know it's people that need and use it versus someone just wanting to hoard it all.
I was under the impression you were looking for primers. My bad.

Wow, that's big price and I don't even think shipping is listed. Hell if anyone's looking I got #41s cheaper than those are.
RE : The CCI #41

IMHO, the NEED for a "military primer" is exaggerated. Probably "marketing" has a lot to do with that.

But then.....
This is not a "classified thread." So, I'm NOT thread crapping.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : The CCI #41

IMHO, the NEED for a "military primer" is exaggerated. Probably "marketing" has a lot to do with that.

But then.....
This not a "classified thread." So, I'm NOT thread crapping.

Aloha, Mark
It's a bit of a marketing thing yeah but the #41s are a little different than the standards since they have a thicker cap to prevent slam fire in ARs.

It's a bit of a marketing thing yeah but the #41s are a little different than the standards since they have a thicker cap to prevent slam fire in ARs.
My understanding is that the No. 41's have the same cup thickness as the CCI-450, but a different designed anvil to make them less sensitive to prevent slam fires. Also have the same amount of explosive material as the CCI-450's, so should be treated as a "magnum" primer.

Yes. Marketing is a player to making BIGGER profits.

And as to, how people spend their money.....well, it's a FREE COUNTRY. Just like with their VOTE. They are FREE TO CHOOSE.

Getting back to the issue of "slam fires"....
There are mechanical things that could make/contribute to a slam fire.

Example….mechanical…. as in bad headspace, wear on certain parts, chamber size, etc. etc.

Earlier …..I was looking for the exact quote (I have it saved somewhere) that CCI had put out. About their #41 primers and the issue of slam fires. Basically, they admitted that it wasn't a cure-all.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
This is NOT the quote that I was searching for but.....
  • The CCI 41 and 34 primers were designed to help prevent slam fires in semi-auto military rifles with free floating firing pins. That being said when Remington ran Lake City they used 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 primers and the firing pins on both the M14 and M16 were lightened during the trials testing period and special primers were not needed.
And here is another gem.

What's the difference between CCI 34 and CCI 41 primers?
  • The main difference between CCI #34 and CCI #41 primers and standard primers is the height of the anvil is shorter requiring more force to set off the primer. For the AR15 rifle any primer with a cup thickness of .025 will work fine, with thinner cups the risk of slam fires increases.

I guess this is close enough...... to what I was searching for.
CCI Primers are continuously tested and improved. As a result today's CCI primers are more sensitive, easier to seat and more compatible with progressive and automated loading equipment than ever before. They utilize modern non-corrosive and non-mercuric initiator mixes for the cleanest burn possible.

Number 41 Mil-spec primers are made to the same specifications of the U.S. Military and reduce the chances of a slam-fire. While designed for you in Military-style semi-auto rifles, they use the same data as CCI magnum primers.
Note from CCI:
  • Effective slam-fire prevention requires more than mil-spec primers. Headspace, chamber condition, firing pin shape and protrusion, bolt velocity, case condition and other factors can affect slam-fire potential.
1301.jpg
warning-icon
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top