JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an 1895GS, all SS, one of the newer Marlingtons. I want to rebarrel it with a longer octagonal barrel, and have some action work done. I am looking for recommendations for someone in Oregon, or Washington, that can do the work. Clements Custom Guns looks like they will do anything I want, but they have long lead times and premium pricing, and I have to ship my rifle to them. I would prefer to keep the work and my money local, and work with someone a little more responsive. I spoke with Allison & Carey Gunworks in Portland, and they recommended that I find someone a bit more in tune with this specific rifle.

Also, I am looking for someone that can machine the forestock and cap to fit the new barrel. While I could do it myself with hand tools, it will look like it; modifying it with a Bridgeport would make a much cleaner job of it. I could do it myself if anyone knows where to get an end mill made to a size and shape to match the new barrel. Palm Abrasive would have been my go-to for that, but they are no longer in business.

Speak up, let me know. All suggestions will be considered.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top