JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all!
My name is Hailey Johnson, I'm 23 years old, I recently got into guns, I own a core 15 rifle and daily carry a Sig 9mm. I haven't been to a range yet because I was scared off by the rules and the people LOL. With that I have only ever been shooting outdoors, my friend that I would go shooting with each week moved away and my car cannot access the place that we would go in his jeep! So I am on the hunt for new outdoor places to target practice at. I clean up after myself, we always take at least 2 empty hefty bags and gather everything we can see and leave our spots looking cleaner then when we arrived, as well as policing our brass.
Like I said, my car cannot go off-roading or do anything crazy, so I'm looking for anything on the Puyallup/fife/buckly/bonney lake side. Still willing to travel a bit if its a sure thing I'm just desperate to get back out there and burn some brass!
Thanks in advance for all your help. So excited to be apart of this community!

Welcome from tacoma. The best place in the area to shoot is Paul bunyan range in puyallup. Its members only but very nice range and usually only a few people are ever there. The closest open area is Capitol forest. But a lot of the spots are hard to get to or you have 4 wheelers everywhere. And it's over an hour away.

Hi all!
My name is Hailey Johnson, I'm 23 years old, I recently got into guns, I own a core 15 rifle and daily carry a Sig 9mm. I haven't been to a range yet because I was scared off by the rules and the people LOL. With that I have only ever been shooting outdoors, my friend that I would go shooting with each week moved away and my car cannot access the place that we would go in his jeep! So I am on the hunt for new outdoor places to target practice at. I clean up after myself, we always take at least 2 empty hefty bags and gather everything we can see and leave our spots looking cleaner then when we arrived, as well as policing our brass.
Like I said, my car cannot go off-roading or do anything crazy, so I'm looking for anything on the Puyallup/fife/buckly/bonney lake side. Still willing to travel a bit if its a sure thing I'm just desperate to get back out there and burn some brass!
Thanks in advance for all your help. So excited to be apart of this community!
What range was this at? Or is this a word of mouth thing? Just curious.

If you don't have BLM or state land nearby where you can shoot I'd definitely recommend a shooting club (members only range).

Welcome to the forum.

What range was this at? Or is this a word of mouth thing? Just curious.

If you don't have BLM or state land nearby where you can shoot I'd definitely recommend a shooting club (members only range).

Welcome to the forum.
Not sure what BLM is, There is state land near me, its just impossible to access with my car :/ and there is no specific range, Its just what Ive been told, people always say "Well there is always the ranges, but they have strict rules." which is what has deterred me thus far but I'm thinking I'm just going to have to suck it up and play by the rules at Paul Bunyan so I can shoot as regularly as I want until I get a vehicle that can get more places.

Welcome from tacoma. The best place in the area to shoot is Paul bunyan range in puyallup. Its members only but very nice range and usually only a few people are ever there. The closest open area is Capitol forest. But a lot of the spots are hard to get to or you have 4 wheelers everywhere. And it's over an hour away.
Hey! Thank you for the info! I'm willing to drive that far, I was going to carbonado which is about an hour away from my me but I will have to do some research and see what I can find. Thanks again :)

Welcome aboard. And yeah, Fudds are dicks--you'd swear they think anything that doesn't have to be manually reloaded after every shot is a "machine gun," probably where their Grabberfascist Douchebag buddies get the talking point.

BLM = Federal Bureau of Land Management. Not so applicable around Puget Sound, as most of the undeveloped non-private property is sewed up by National Parks/National Forests.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top