JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome! We're not as stuffy as some of the ranges out there. However, there's also some good ranges out there. Eventually you'll find one that's a keeper.

Welcome...!! All ranges will have some strict rules, put in place for the safety and enjoyment of others. Not 'silly' but required to keep things safe. Any reputable range I've even been to would have someone happy to show you what the rules are, how to apply them, how to shoot there and enjoy your range experience. A reasonable person asking the right questions is 99.99/100 very welcome and shouldn't cause you any hesitation. Have fun, be safe..!!

Welcome, @HaileyLynn94
Picture those trash bags you collect at shooting sites and get yourself a bronze membership!
Also, you can check out members @Cogs & @Reno911 and join their organization, Trash No Land -- great people and an outstanding organization!

All rental cars have exceptionally high ground clearance.. or they do a good job of grading roads. Same thing really.
BTDT. Flats can lead to high center stuckage....

Thanks for the shout out @P7id10T

Welcome to NWFA Hailey!

Your a bit further north so I don't have a whole bunch of recommendations for public lands to utilize for recreational shooting.

I get the not wanting to go to a range thing. You are younger and a woman, I imagine not only the rules prevent you from wanting to go. The unwarranted advice among other things I imagine are annoying.

If you are ever down south and up for coming out to one of our clean ups, I won't mind putting a bag in your hands, some food in your stomach, and any of my firearms in your hands.

Enjoy the forum!

Reno911

You may want to make the drive and take @Reno911 up on that offer. He and I live ~12 miles apart and go shooting together on occasion. He has a great collection of hardware and generously shares.

Thanks for the shout out @P7id10T

Welcome to NWFA Hailey!

Your a bit further north so I don't have a whole bunch of recommendations for public lands to utilize for recreational shooting.

I get the not wanting to go to a range thing. You are younger and a woman, I imagine not only the rules prevent you from wanting to go. The unwarranted advice among other things I imagine are annoying.

If you are ever down south and up for coming out to one of our clean ups, I won't mind putting a bag in your hands, some food in your stomach, and any of my firearms in your hands.

Enjoy the forum!

Reno911

Hey Hailey,

I think I know which range you're talking about. I personally don't like indoor ranges much. I think someone has already pointed you in the direction of Greenwater as an outdoor place to shoot. Decent if your car isn't the best with ground clearance. I see older folks up there with Buick LeSabres all the time. Just go easy if you get onto the gravel roads.

If you want a range without weird rules, I like black diamond gun club, except they're only open to public on Saturday and you need to check that they have an RSO before you head out there. PB is ok as well.

Have fun up there and be careful!

Welcome...!! All ranges will have some strict rules, put in place for the safety and enjoyment of others. Not 'silly' but required to keep things safe.

I don't know about this entirely. There is a range up here that requires every rifle to be loaded as a single shot. Luckily they don't impose this restriction on handguns. I think it borders on weird.

Granted the range is in the middle of a city I would never suspect allowed something like a range at all.

I don't know about this entirely. There is a range up here that requires every rifle to be loaded as a single shot. Luckily they don't impose this restriction on handguns. I think it borders on weird.

Hmmmm. I can think of a few folks here for whom that is not an insurmountable problem, right, Andy? ;)

tac, owner of eleven single-shot rifles

Greetings program!

&...

Coopers rules to always abide:

• All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
  • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. ...
  • Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. ...
  • Identify your target, and what is behind it.

So, have you gone to a range yet? I ask, only because having a tool & not knowing how to properly use it is not a great idea.

Hook up with some of the excellent folks on here, or take a class.

Do not head off to public land on your own to shoot, until you are competent with your tools. Always carry a side arm when you do. Prefferably go with a few folks.

Times have changed, and there are a lot of odd ducks around. Not sure what the meth problem is like up yonder though, so may not be as bad.

That's the nice thing about a gun club / private range. Less concern of the odd ducks. You'll also likely meet great folks willing to share there knowledge.

Hi all!
My name is Hailey Johnson, I'm 23 years old, I recently got into guns, I own a core 15 rifle and daily carry a Sig 9mm. I haven't been to a range yet because I was scared off by the rules and the people LOL. With that I have only ever been shooting outdoors, my friend that I would go shooting with each week moved away and my car cannot access the place that we would go in his jeep! So I am on the hunt for new outdoor places to target practice at. I clean up after myself, we always take at least 2 empty hefty bags and gather everything we can see and leave our spots looking cleaner then when we arrived, as well as policing our brass.
Like I said, my car cannot go off-roading or do anything crazy, so I'm looking for anything on the Puyallup/fife/buckly/bonney lake side. Still willing to travel a bit if its a sure thing I'm just desperate to get back out there and burn some brass!
Thanks in advance for all your help. So excited to be apart of this community!
Welcome

Here is a good place to start: Where to go, what to do | WA - DNR

There are some rules to be followed and criteria to be met when shooting on public lands in order to be safe and minimize destruction of the forest. I'm not from that area so I can't give you any insider info, but there is contact info for rangers in specific areas on that page I linked. You might try contacting them if you strike out on the forum here.

You might have luck here too: WaGuns.org

Welcome to NWFA!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews