JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, having a full length mag tube lever gun threaded to accept a suppressor can be an expensive endeavor if you can't do the work yourself or don't have a buddy with proper machining skills and tooling. You not only have to thread the muzzle but you also have to shorten the magazine tube for clearance.

If you can find a Armscor 22BA they convert to 9mm fairly easily and can be made very small in SBR form.
1657896345348.jpeg
Another option is a Ruger 77/357 SBR. Those are made in stainless. No irons though, but that could be fixed I imagine.
1657896795484.jpeg

If you can find a Armscor 22BA they convert to 9mm fairly easily and can be made very small in SBR form.
View attachment 1240208
Another option is a Ruger 77/357 SBR. Those are made in stainless. No irons though, but that could be fixed I imagine.
View attachment 1240210
That bottom one? Is that the one Velsey built for you?

If it wasn't, I saw one just finished, similar to that, when I was in his shop dropping something off.

View attachment 1240208
View attachment 1240210
I have a couple of those. This is just another excuse to buy another gun "for work"......so it must be a lever gun

That bottom one? Is that the one Velsey built for you?

If it wasn't, I saw one just finished, similar to that, when I was in his shop dropping something off.
Tim has one too, no idea if he finished it. Busy guy. Mine isn't short, yet!

32C4FC43-F8C3-4F16-8A45-415B496BC415.jpeg

I have a couple of those. This is just another excuse to buy another gun "for work"......so it must be a lever gun
That's ok, 90% of threads on here are, "Talk me into buying something!" threads anyways.

Looking briefly at various mares legs, I didn't see many that were stainless steel. I don't think the unicorn you are looking for exists as a factory gun. Moreover it likely is something requiring lots of gunsmithing. Starting with a Rossi or similar stainless model and getting a smith to cut the barrel and mag tube back is likely the route you would have to take.

That's ok, 90% of threads on here are, "Talk me into buying something!" threads anyways.

Looking briefly at various mares legs, I didn't see many that were stainless steel. I don't think the unicorn you are looking for exists as a factory gun. Moreover it likely is something requiring lots of gunsmithing. Starting with a Rossi or similar stainless model and getting a smith to cut the barrel and mag tube back is likely the route you would have to take.
Oh darn! Another custom build!

I don't even know if anyone makes such a firearm. Looking for a short truck gun for work, 18ich (even shorter would work)lever gun in stainless and factor threaded for a can(i can always have it threaded locally). Caliber isn't important just not a 22lr. I'm sick of running bolt guns with a scope, irons are a must for what I'm doing. Any input helps, thanks!
Closest I can think of is the Marlin 1895 Trapper in stainless and in .357 mag or .44 mag. Hard to find and not cheap precisely because everybody wants one for exactly what you are talking about.

Marlin 1894CST would fit the bill:

View attachment 1239898

Light, handy, threaded for a can, .357 Magnum, and appropriate finish.
I have no direct experience with these. However a I've read quality wasn't as good on new SS versions as the old blued Marlin equivalents. And they only made a threaded version in .357mag, and I wanted .44mag. (Which I imagined loading with 44sp.) Now that Ruger has bought Marlin and made their first offering of the SS threaded Marlin in 45-70, I'm thinking a SS threaded model in at least .357 and maybe .44 won't be far behind. And it will be Ruger quality.

I have no direct experience with these. However a I've read quality wasn't as good on new SS versions as the old blued Marlin equivalents. And they only made a threaded version in .357mag, and I wanted .44mag. (Which I imagined loading with 44sp.) Now that Ruger has bought Marlin and made their first offering of the SS threaded Marlin in 45-70, I'm thinking a SS threaded model in at least .357 and maybe .44 won't be far behind. And it will be Ruger quality.
I just got my hands on the 45-70 trapper, nice gun and it would be perfect in the 357 or 3030. They wanted 1350$ for it.

Was that the old Remington/marlin ones or the new ruger/marlin ones? I think the ruger ones have only been out a short time as I understand it anyway.

Was that the old Remington/marlin ones or the new ruger/marlin ones? I think the ruger ones have only been out a short time as I understand it anyway.
The SS versions that I read were kinda rough and not up to traditional marlin quality were the Remington/Marlins. So far Ruger has made only the 45-70 Trapper in Marlin/Ruger, and people seem to be saying nice things about it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top