JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't even know if anyone makes such a firearm. Looking for a short truck gun for work, 18ich (even shorter would work)lever gun in stainless and factor threaded for a can(i can always have it threaded locally). Caliber isn't important just not a 22lr. I'm sick of running bolt guns with a scope, irons are a must for what I'm doing. Any input helps, thanks!

Marlin 1894CST would fit the bill:

1657848657554.png

Light, handy, threaded for a can, .357 Magnum, and appropriate finish.

Yikes. Though it is not unheard of prices being bonkers on GB from some. (I was doing my on and off again forays to find Spanish guns and I was astounded to see what Llamas, which has often been regarded as the lesser brand, are listed and/or going for.)

Truck gun lever gun?

Mares leg! Not threaded though, but can be fixed. Awkward looking to shoot though.
1657849876659.jpeg
1657849922050.jpeg
The 410 option might be a worthy choice if you go unsuppressed.
1657850000171.jpeg
If you expand out of lever guns AR9s are great suppressed, really short. Can be had with folding stuff to shorten more. Here is an Indy bitty one I did up. I changed it some to have a suppressor under the handguard but I'm honestly thinking of changing it back so it can be better stored in a pack. (I am not sure how to upload my pictures in order vs copy paste so it's likely at the bottom.)

CMMG recently released a bufferless AR variant that would very much fit the truck gun monicker. One of these in 300 black suppressed would definitely fit the bill. Especially if you don't plan on SBRing it.
1657850343309.jpeg
Best luck in the search. 79181499-5EA8-43B3-AC9B-472A049D88A3.jpeg

Maybe a takedown BLR and have the barrel threaded? This one from YouTube has 20" barrel. Looks pretty small when broken down. No experience with them myself.
C361AF3D-DF16-43AB-96D1-549F021FB6F0.png
Here is the video fwiw. Can't vouch for the video whether it's worth watching or not.

Also saw this article but it may be outdated, didn't look.

There is 1 on gun broker for 2500....puke!!!
I should of held onto mine longer! Sold mine for 1k a while back. Great gun, but there are lots of options now that do the exact same thing for less. Though I am not sure most are stainless.

020A690A-85B6-4F11-8A94-3AA722418DC9.jpeg

Truck gun lever gun?

Mares leg! Not threaded though, but can be fixed. Awkward looking to shoot though.
View attachment 1239916
View attachment 1239917
The 410 option might be a worthy choice if you go unsuppressed.
View attachment 1239918
If you expand out of lever guns AR9s are great suppressed, really short. Can be had with folding stuff to shorten more. Here is an Indy bitty one I did up. I changed it some to have a suppressor under the handguard but I'm honestly thinking of changing it back so it can be better stored in a pack. (I am not sure how to upload my pictures in order vs copy paste so it's likely at the bottom.)

CMMG recently released a bufferless AR variant that would very much fit the truck gun monicker. One of these in 300 black suppressed would definitely fit the bill. Especially if you don't plan on SBRing it.
View attachment 1239922
Best luck in the search. View attachment 1239920
I have my heart set on a lever gun. I think my definition of a truck gun is different than most ....this is strictly for 4 legged black critters

This was back in 2019, so may be very different now. But cost was somewhere around $975. I don't recall having trouble wrangling one, but my recollection is hazy.
Remember that Marlin went bust along with Remington.

Ruger purchased the 150-year-old Marlin brand and assets in its entirety for $30 million at a federal bankruptcy auction from Remington Outdoors.

-E-

Remember that Marlin went bust along with Remington.

Ruger purchased the 150-year-old Marlin brand and assets in its entirety for $30 million at a federal bankruptcy auction from Remington Outdoors.

-E-
Is ruger's marlin trapper only avail in 45-70? Don't know much about it but saw Hickok video.
66BDE7A7-3A21-4AAA-8276-19A648B89D9F.png

Edit: some links FYI

Last Edited:
I have my heart set on a lever gun. I think my definition of a truck gun is different than most ....this is strictly for 4 legged black critters
Definitely do some looking at mares legs. I'm not certain to who makes them these days, they are out there though. Something like that would be a gross start to what your thinking up.

You will pay handsomely for an American produced stainless lever gun right now unless you stumble onto a deal. There are some options available that can be found at a reasonable price still. I don't have personal experience with either of these two but have come across a couple positive posts from owners across the interwebs.

Rossi Triple black 357 mag:

Citadel LevTac 92:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews