JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know, I know.. this comes up atleast once a year. I have one of the big Midway bags and its nice. My problem is once its loaded it weighs a ton. I also have a La Rue think its called a GTFO bag. I really lik eit, the problem is there is not really room for all the extra crap ya have to take to the range. IE eyes, ears, staple gun, range finder, gloves, cans, ect ect.

What I would like is something smallish but can hold a handgun, mags, some ammo plus all the othew range crap. any ideas ?

I use a plastic tool box for everything you listed except pistols. I keep those in soft or hard cases.

Stays upright on the ground or bench and is not hard to carry.

My solution:

shopping-cart.jpg

While on the smallish side this old bag is stronger then she looks and can carry all sorts of things.

I recently got an Ncstar Vism Competition bag. It gets two pistols and all needed stuff to the range. Earphones, 4 - 100 round ammo cases, small cleaning kit, Uplula, lots of mags, even targets if I don't zip up the top. Handles and zippers are good and strong. Came with a nice little range brass bag. There are stretch bands inside the side panels that hold magazines. They're kinda cheap, but they work. A couple of convenient end pouches. The whole thing for less than $40 bucks. Works great. Cheap!

Check this bag out. And note that the Midway bag you have is a knockoff of the Shooters Connection Pro bag. Shooters Connection was the original and it's built like a tank compared to the Midway bag. I suspect this smaller bag is of equal quality but I don't have any direct experience with it.

As a side note, Shooters Connection used to build another bag which looks like it was in between this new bag and their Pro bag. If you're looking for something of that size, it might be worth a call to them and see if they have any left and/or could build you one. That bag was just as wide as the Pro Bag/Midway bag but slightly shorter.

NEW Shooters Connection Tournament Series Shooting Bag PRO Compact

I picked up one of these in black a couple years ago. Love it!
Room for three pistols in the bottom and all the shooting gear I need.
Backpack straps are strong. Everyone at I meet at the range wants to look it over.
I have mag pouches and several other items hooked onto the Molle straps.

Amazon.com : G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack, Tan : Sports & Outdoors

Ok that is cool you got me on that one :cool:

I'll second that - little spendy but made in the USA so if you got the scratch that's a real nice bag imo.

Ya get what you pay for most of the time:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads