JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
This is my first post and I did not see anything on here. I did see the gun smith sticky effort currently going on. I have an all orginal remington 7 mm Mag that is from the early 80's and a Remington 338 RUM that I want to turn in to a 1,000 yard shooter.

I am looking for a gun smith that can work over these rifles including picking a good barrel replacement to meet the requirements. I am only interested in talking with gun smiths who have built rifles with these requirements. Or have a track record of building rilfes with these requirements.

Thank you if you can help...

http://rbrosrifles.com/

These guys are getting quite a (good) reputation from what I understand.

The only first hand experience I have is that I handled one of their rifles recently. The action was silky smooth and their finish work was outstanding. I didn't get the opportunity to shoot it though.

I have heard positive things about the smith at The Marksman, its off Canyon RD and HWY 512.

Also Bullseye in Tacoma has 2 full time smiths they just dont advertise it. Rumor has it that are obtaining permits to remodel their building to incorporate a full on smithing shop.

I think that would be pretty sweet if Bullseye incorporated a full on shop. I talk to one of the smiths there often enough, nice guy.

The cashier told me it was rumored but not 100%, she said the 2 smiths they have on staff keep well beyond busy and they do not even advertise as having a smith on staff...

so if they keep busy seems like they should make it legit. :s0155:

Try Jim Cloward. He's forgotten more about accuracy than you or I will ever know.
425-334-3006
Plus, I dig his digits.

Also, Mac McCluskey makes some nice BR rifles, but will also do whatever you want. It was through speaking with him that I was convinced to buy the 300 Winnie rather than the RUM. The last number I had for him was 206-781-2779 or 2776
http://mac.uptime.org/mpr/drawings.htm

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top