JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
This is my first post and I did not see anything on here. I did see the gun smith sticky effort currently going on. I have an all orginal remington 7 mm Mag that is from the early 80's and a Remington 338 RUM that I want to turn in to a 1,000 yard shooter.

I am looking for a gun smith that can work over these rifles including picking a good barrel replacement to meet the requirements. I am only interested in talking with gun smiths who have built rifles with these requirements. Or have a track record of building rilfes with these requirements.

Thank you if you can help...

http://rbrosrifles.com/

These guys are getting quite a (good) reputation from what I understand.

The only first hand experience I have is that I handled one of their rifles recently. The action was silky smooth and their finish work was outstanding. I didn't get the opportunity to shoot it though.

I have heard positive things about the smith at The Marksman, its off Canyon RD and HWY 512.

Also Bullseye in Tacoma has 2 full time smiths they just dont advertise it. Rumor has it that are obtaining permits to remodel their building to incorporate a full on smithing shop.

I think that would be pretty sweet if Bullseye incorporated a full on shop. I talk to one of the smiths there often enough, nice guy.

The cashier told me it was rumored but not 100%, she said the 2 smiths they have on staff keep well beyond busy and they do not even advertise as having a smith on staff...

so if they keep busy seems like they should make it legit. :s0155:

Try Jim Cloward. He's forgotten more about accuracy than you or I will ever know.
425-334-3006
Plus, I dig his digits.

Also, Mac McCluskey makes some nice BR rifles, but will also do whatever you want. It was through speaking with him that I was convinced to buy the 300 Winnie rather than the RUM. The last number I had for him was 206-781-2779 or 2776
http://mac.uptime.org/mpr/drawings.htm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads