Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for a gun smith in the Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia area

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by TheHunt, Mar 7, 2010.

1. TheHunt

TheHunt Puyallup New Member

Hello,
    This is my first post and I did not see anything on here. I did see the gun smith sticky effort currently going on. I have an all orginal remington 7 mm Mag that is from the early 80's and a Remington 338 RUM that I want to turn in to a 1,000 yard shooter.

I am looking for a gun smith that can work over these rifles including picking a good barrel replacement to meet the requirements. I am only interested in talking with gun smiths who have built rifles with these requirements. Or have a track record of building rilfes with these requirements.

Thank you if you can help...

2. Neitz

Neitz Grays Harbor Co. New Member

http://rbrosrifles.com/

These guys are getting quite a (good) reputation from what I understand.

The only first hand experience I have is that I handled one of their rifles recently. The action was silky smooth and their finish work was outstanding. I didn't get the opportunity to shoot it though.

3. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I have heard positive things about the smith at The Marksman, its off Canyon RD and HWY 512.

Also Bullseye in Tacoma has 2 full time smiths they just dont advertise it. Rumor has it that are obtaining permits to remodel their building to incorporate a full on smithing shop.

4. shoggoth80

shoggoth80 Greater Seattle Area Member

I think that would be pretty sweet if Bullseye incorporated a full on shop. I talk to one of the smiths there often enough, nice guy.

5. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

The cashier told me it was rumored but not 100%, she said the 2 smiths they have on staff keep well beyond busy and they do not even advertise as having a smith on staff...

so if they keep busy seems like they should make it legit. :thumbup:

6. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Try Jim Cloward. He's forgotten more about accuracy than you or I will ever know.
    425-334-3006
    Plus, I dig his digits.

Also, Mac McCluskey makes some nice BR rifles, but will also do whatever you want. It was through speaking with him that I was convinced to buy the 300 Winnie rather than the RUM. The last number I had for him was 206-781-2779 or 2776
    http://mac.uptime.org/mpr/drawings.htm