JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have had my Xds in 45 for a while now and cannot shoot it very well. The grip for me is too small and I cannot seem to control it. In light of this I have gone back to my Bersa 380 for EDC which fits me like a glove and also is a rock solid performer.

What I am looking for is a Bersa/Walther/Sig style blow back in 9mm. However all my research keeps coming up empty. I love the fixed barrel and trigger system. I thought about looking for a XDs in 9mm but I fear it would be a waste do to grip size. I also have owned the much coveted shield in 9mm and did not like at all.

My only other thought is the new R51, however after much research I am not willing to be one of the first to buy and experiment. Would like to have a solid performer with a good history.

Anyway your thoughts on this subject are appreciated.

I think the Hi-Point is a blowback design.. don't know about the fixed barrel.
Actually what you don't want is a blowback/fixed barrel 9mm+ pistol.
I think the new Remington is a .380.

I think the Hi-Point is a blowback design.. don't know about the fixed barrel.
Actually what you don't want is a blowback/fixed barrel 9mm+ pistol.
I think the new Remington is a .380.

Maybe I am getting my terminology mixed up. The Bersa is a fixed barrel with recoil spring that slides over it. That is the type of 9mm I am looking for. Especially if it is similar in size and shape to a Bersa/Walther/Sig 007 style

nearest thing I can think of would be a HK P7, which uses gas retarded blowback and is very compact...very accurate, solid and dependable, but no longer made and fairly spendy when you do find them.
I'm trying to understand how the grip on the XD is too small for you, but you're requesting a weapon thats likely going to have a yet smaller one.
If you want small for EDC look at the S&W Shield or one of the Kahrs. They are both very portable and shootable.

wow ! the filter changed "gas r e t a r d e d" into "gas bubblegummed " ?

The grip on my Bersa is perfect for my hands. Reminds me of a 1911. I am somewhat concerned with size but have no problem concealing Bersa. I would ultimately carry a 1911 if it was not so darn heavy.

nearest thing I can think of would be a HK P7, which uses gas retarded blowback and is very compact...very accurate, solid and dependable, but no longer made and fairly spendy when you do find them.
I'm trying to understand how the grip on the XD is too small for you, but you're requesting a weapon thats likely going to have a yet smaller one.
If you want small for EDC look at the S&W Shield or one of the Kahrs. They are both very portable and shootable.

wow ! the filter changed "gas r e t a r d e d" into "gas bubblegummed " ?

I really wouldn't worry about it being a locked breech camming barrel type. They are very reliable and accurate.
I know some of the new Bersa's are locked rotating bolt style but don't know if the barrel turns also or not.. it probably does.

If you want an excellent 9mm in all things measurable consider a CZ.. I don't know if they make plastic guns but if they do, I'd not consider them as the standard ones have an outstandingly excellent reputation for reliability and ergonomics. They come in different sizes and different control/function options.
They are locked breech/camming - tilting barrel design.
They're not that expensive.. about the same as a Glock I think.

Have you considered getting the pinky extension for the mag to help with handling on the XDS? I am looking at one in 9mm and considering getting the extension. Just a thought....

My XDS9 is one of the few smaller framed pistols i can actually grip well, nothing else fits, the whole finger hanging off things really irks me, this, however, is nice.

you do NOT want a blowback 9mm.

in a compact pistol, a blowback 9mm would have brutal recoil. the only true 9mm blowback pistol i'm aware of is the hi-point and it's massive.

you want a locked breech short recoil system. which virtually all moderm 9mm designs are.

you like the bersa trigger, so you basically like hammer fired DA/SA.

there are various guns in the CZ-75 line that would meet your needs, ergonomics are generally very good. the cz 2075 rami bd is the closest to the bersa in terms of size and function. but i'd recommend the cz-75 p-01. they are extremely reliable handguns and have a long proven track record.
<broken link removed>
CZ 2075 RAMI BD

if you are willing to entertain a striker fired polymer pistol, the s&w m&p shield in 9mm is a good choice. a very compact pistol with great ergonomics.
Product: Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD? 9mm

you might also just check out the xds in 9mm. 45acp tends to have more recoil than 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top