JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
had a little bit of free time tonight in between projects so I decided to make a few things to shoot for tomorrow. this is the biggest one, I used a stock coil spring off of a honda accord that I lowered and a flywheel from an integra motor along with a hatch strut from a 94 civic to reduce ociliation. it also has little hooks to hang bells or other targets from. we'll see how it holds up tomorrow :)

0201020156a.jpg

we shot it with my 308, sks and some 22's. it was alot of fun but a kill shot with the 308 broke a weld. next time Ill weld the flywheel on with a stick welder instead of .030" wire lol. the strut did a great job keeping it planted while you could still see it move when hit.

looks awesome but dont mind my saying...it looks like something a tweeker would make,lol.

lol I know what you mean, I have a ton of car parts laying around so I figured what the hell. I was excited to go shooting today so I was having a hard time getting to sleep. I didn't take any after pictures sorry. its still up at snow peak for every one else to enjoy. Im gonna make a different face plate for it next time I head up there and probably do a human shaped cut out out of some 1/8th steel plate I have laying around.

I moved here from Wyoming and back there we had a 3/4 inch thick steel disk hanging from a chain so you could hear it 'gong' when hit. I have the same disk and chain and the steel to make a tripod...if you guys want I will weld it up and leave it at the far end of the Browns Camp pit so everyone can take a shot at 'ringing the bell'....what do you think?

I moved here from Wyoming and back there we had a 3/4 inch thick steel disk hanging from a chain so you could hear it 'gong' when hit. I have the same disk and chain and the steel to make a tripod...if you guys want I will weld it up and leave it at the far end of the Browns Camp pit so everyone can take a shot at 'ringing the bell'....what do you think?

Tweakers will steal it and sell it for scrap.

elsie

Looks pretty sweet, I used to be all into my Honda too, but it started costing too much money. That's a good idea for all the old parts I have just laying around though.

All I found is a greddy intercooler, some sort of lightened flywheel, koyo rad, turbo manifold, t3 turbo, z32 5 lug conversion, sr20 trans. I guess I won't be shooting any car parts lol.

It will shatter.

Exactly. Did you do this before? Not too sure if I want to do it yet. I'm afraid if I shoot it with a 30 cal, metal might come back. I will be about 50 yards away.

Oh snap. LOL. I have some old OEM clutches and radiators, mostly trash, all the good stuff is either on the car or sold lol. I have an old B18 block that used to be boosted but ended up throwing a rod, wonder if 5.56 could penetrate it :p

ls turbo ftw lol. I ran 11.50's with a stock ls longblock and mostly ebay parts turbo setup in my old hatchback. flywheels are the funnest to shoot cause they hold up well and make a decent amount of noise/ movement.

All I found is a greddy intercooler, some sort of lightened flywheel, koyo rad, turbo manifold, t3 turbo, z32 5 lug conversion, sr20 trans. I guess I won't be shooting any car parts lol.

Exactly. Did you do this before? Not too sure if I want to do it yet. I'm afraid if I shoot it with a 30 cal, metal might come back. I will be about 50 yards away.

Yup, I used a brake disc as a target once. It was extremely disappointing.

ya but a 20+# flywheel will stand up to alot more then a brake rotor will. my .308 was taking half marble sized chunks out of it each shot but its almost a half inch thick so there is alot to eat through first.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top