JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's chicken feed compared to the value of one of their trees. It also keeps a lot of regular guys from entering their property which is just fine with them. Pope and Talbot are the same way.

I used to hunt a lot of those areas when I was younger, but I just can't spend that kind of money for what WDFW gives us to hunt. For $100 in tags and $375 for a pass, to include the same amount for everyone in my vehicle.....we'd rather go out of state.

I used to hunt a lot of those areas when I was younger, but I just can't spend that kind of money for what WDFW gives us to hunt. For $100 in tags and $375 for a pass, to include the same amount for everyone in my vehicle.....we'd rather go out of state.
When I left the agency, it was pretty clear to me that WDFW was anti-gun and anti in-state hunters. All the talk was about revenue generation and charging really high fees so that only the very wealthy could afford to hunt here. They kept talking. about Colorado being a good model. It's the same thing with fishing, especially Salmon. The stories I could tell!

I usually hunt St Helens just to the east of that Weyerhouser land.
There's good deer and elk in there, but it's hard to hunt. You'll rarely see deer outside of the timber, usually in really thick nasty stuff.
Elk are the same.

you may be a little better off in WH land for less pressure. they may come out earlier in the evening just before dusk on the edge of the clear cuts, but best better is scope out the land.
If there's somewhere that looks treacherous and horrible to get into, that's probably where they are.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top