JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They dropped it because of the audience being too old. Target demo is 18-34 i guess. Can't have a good show with good story anymore because it attracts an older crowd that isnt as eadily swayed with advertising... it was all about benjamins. Quality programming doesn't sell axe body spray and trojan condoms...

They dropped it because of the audience being too old. Target demo is 18-34 i guess. Can't have a good show with good story anymore because it attracts an older crowd that isnt as eadily swayed with advertising... it was all about benjamins. Quality programming doesn't sell axe body spray and trojan condoms...
I think the thing is it's not "dropped"? It continues new.. but it's fun to slam though

Stupid network executives cancelling good shows isn't limited to the USA. This also happened in England when the new CEO of a network (not BBC) suddenly cancelled "Foyles War" when he took over the job. The writers had no chance to even do a decent ending. The idiot soon moved on, and the network brought back the show a couple of years later, but the story line had been broken.

Foyle's War is set during WWII and is full of classic vintage backdrops, vehicles, and guns. Lots of SMLE #1's and Pattern 14's, which is what was issued to the domestic troops. The American troops drive real Studebaker 2 1/2 ton trucks and MB jeeps. Plus lots of flying scenes with Spitfires and one Lancaster.

Excellent writing which carries the mystery until the very end.

I enjoy Longmire, and am glad that Netflix picked it up. :D

Stupid network executives cancelling good shows isn't limited to the USA. This also happened in England when the new CEO of a network (not BBC) suddenly cancelled "Foyles War" when he took over the job. The writers had no chance to even do a decent ending. The idiot soon moved on, and the network brought back the show a couple of years later, but the story line had been broken.

Foyle's War is set during WWII and is full of classic vintage backdrops, vehicles, and guns. Lots of SMLE #1's and Pattern 14's, which is what was issued to the domestic troops. The American troops drive real Studebaker 2 1/2 ton trucks and MB jeeps. Plus lots of flying scenes with Spitfires and one Lancaster.

Excellent writing which carries the mystery until the very end.

I enjoy Longmire, and am glad that Netflix picked it up. :D
That ''Foyle's War'' sounds cool, I love WWII Weapons. :s0003:BBC has interesting shows as well. There is a series I would love to watch from Australia about a family of Gold miners :s0143:during the Australian :s0005:Gold Rush. I scoured Netflix but they don't have it. I found a DVD of it on Amazon but it was expensive. :s0141:They have good shows from Canada I would like to see Netflix do also. :s0093:

I haven't looked to see if they changed the director on the new run but definitely a slightly different feel to the show - showing much more of the local town than in the past. They had been keeping the image of Wyoming alive by using exterior shots of town buildings primarily done in a couple places in WY - Sheridan was the bulk of it iirc, and the rest of the scenes were shot in New Mexico for the outdoor stuff and building interiors.

I was very excited when I saw it pop up on my Netflix list. My wife and I were all caught up to the end of season 3 so on Sunday we binge watched all of Season 4 in one sitting. :D
It's one of my fave shows.

The story lines follow a fairly predictable pattern.
Walt is constantly seeking revenge for his wife's murder and there is always another local murder to solve within the hour long program.
Character development chugs along at a good pace and there is generally a mini cliff hanger at the end of each episode.
All in all, it's not a bad show, it sure beats some of the other junk produced in Hollywood but it's nowhere near the quality of Breaking Bad.

Ya know now that I think about it a season of the show would probably put the made up county's murder rate at half or better of the state's real numbers or at the least make it the Chicago of Wyoming

Ya know now that I think about it a season of the show would probably put the made up county's murder rate at half or better of the state's real numbers or at the least make it the Chicago of Wyoming

ROFLOL
Perfect description.
It doesn't do the Native Americans any favors either but
I love the series and can't wait til the next one comes out. :D:D:D:D:D

Been watching season 4 and 5 and without giving anything away I have noticed a couple Firearms mistakes. Looking past how nice his model 94 looks after being thrown around for 3+ seasons. Has anyone else noticed the close up of him cocking the hammer on his 1911 to get ready for something. He never moves the safety yet presumably lifts the hammer off the firing pin sitting on a loaded chamber when he cocks it. Talk about UNSAFE.

Also there is a scene where someone (trying not to create a spoiler) loads a Henry Rifle (obviously a reproduction) and the rounds look to be way to long for either the 44-40 or 45 LC that these rifles are reproduced in and way way to long for a 44 rimfire. Looks more along the length of a 45-65 in any case way to long for a Henry action to cycle.

Having been a Wyomingite for a couple of years, I was really into this show for a while.

Walt's character is about perfect for Wyoming, a lot of crusty old guys like that. The excess gratuitous gun handling is not too bad compared to all the slide racking you usually see out of Hollywood. It's weird they use the Cheyenne reservation since that is in Montana, right next to the Crow reservation. In Wyoming it is Eastern Shoshones and Northern Arapaho. And IIRC they never mention any conflict between Crow and Cheyenne in the show; they were deadly enemies and kinda still are. One thing I don't like about Walt is that I don't believe I ever saw him get a warrant to search a person's home, never gets in trouble for it either. Oh, and they keep talking about a gun used in a crime, asking whether it is registered or not :rolleyes: (no gun registration in Wyoming of course).

I got a bit tired of it after a while, but maybe I ought to start watching again.

I thought they filmed it in Buffalo rather than Sheridan?

I binge watched all of the final season over a couple of days :rolleyes:
Liked the entire series and the actors in it.
The best role ever for Lou Diamond Phillips! And if I hadn't looked it up I wouldn't have guessed that Robert Taylor was an Aussie.
Didn't want it to end, but everything does o_O
Best modern western TV series since Deadwood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top