JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My daughter lives on 36th near Hawthorne in yuppy land. She said she doesn't have any neighbors that are Oregon Natives. Lots of people from the east.

Wealthy acquaintance from Cali told me a few years ago what had happened to Cali was going to happen to Oregon. That is obvious. And, willful by the mass voters who want the state to go that way. It is funny how the voters that voted the way they did in Pdx ruined their own lives. And, yet, they do not really care nor see the errors of their thinking and blame the mayor and the city council. Fools.

I've got an old buddy from 50+ years ago. He's recently retired & looking for a very small goat farm. Long celebrated for his acerbic wit & clarity of political commentary, I was startled to discover how strongly he criticizes the Rs while praising the Ds of his recently abandoned festering hell hole.

Moved to Portland 5 years ago for a Job. Really enjoy the outdoors here but in the past year it's really been bad around here between all the theft and shootings. Not to mention the homeless and nightly riots. Looking to move outside of the city soon

Last Edited:
Maybe the demise of the former great state of Oregon is due to most of the Portland voters, and those in Eugene?
Fun fact, OR was (is?) one of the most racist states in the country until very recently, having anti-black immigration laws until 1926. That's former greatness to some, which is the scary part.

I lived there two years and the absolute extremist conservative population is more scary than the easily offended ultra liberal type. At least they make cool restaurants and great beer

Fun fact, OR was (is?) one of the most racist states in the country until very recently, having anti-black immigration laws until 1926. That's former greatness to some, which is the scary part.

I lived there two years and the absolute extremist conservative population is more scary than the easily offended ultra liberal type. At least they make cool restaurants and great beer
"absolute extremist conservative population is more scary"....awe, poor thing. So scawy. I lived there since 1974 and never experienced all that raythithumz and scary scary people.

Buh Bye.

People calibrated to your sense of being OK with calling half the state racist because of a law no one knows about is what is wrong with this state. Not those of us that have lived here and paid taxes since before you loaded your first diaper.

I am non-white and my adoptive parents moved here from Illinois in 1970 to get away from racism.

I can very safely say I know a helluva lot more about being a POC in Oregon than you, and further I will bet my life savings you have not met anyone that helped write the law that was stricken from the books before any of us was born.

Last Edited:

My 86 yo mother tells me about my grandparents and them visiting relatives in Portland from California when she was a little girl and still black. Scary is within. I have roots of a generation of black family that lived in Portland by choice pre 1950. They were not stupid or scared.

Portland was that cute baby that screamed alot and turned into the the adult that won't get a job and blames everyone for the car they can't afford.

The simple answer is get a haircut, wear a tie and for God sake, take a shower. But of course Portland won't do it.

i think that's the best analogy for P-town I've every heard. God bless you sir :D

Moved to Portland area in 2005. I spent a few summer in the 90s, seem like a good fit. 10 years changed it a bit. And 15 more years of change and I moved out of the PNW.

Should have done it sooner

Moved to Portland area in 2005. I spent a few summer in the 90s, seem like a good fit. 10 years changed it a bit. And 15 more years of change and I moved out of the PNW.

Should have done it sooner

I'm playing the long game. Hopefully enough psycho Californians depart from California for refuge in Oregon and drive up prices. I recently purchase ten acres out in wine country and I'm hoping they'll drive prices up enough that I can sell and retire to Montana or Wyoming in 10 years.

F8157975-5C1A-40A8-B183-DD24AB255CDD.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top