JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Until a few years ago I lived a block from the tracks and two blocks from the municipal airport - never really noticed the train till the no fly time after 9/11. Now I live a mile from some tracks and above it by about 450 feet - I notice the trains here much more than I ever did living much closer and it doesn't bother me, kind of calming hearing them roll through in the night.

I currently live less than 100 feet from the railroad. On average from when I've counted I get about 2 to 4 Passes a day? It rattles the house but it's nothing to get worked up over.

I grew up a few miles from a track and I actually enjoy the sound of a train passing in the middle of the night...its reassuring for some reason. You get used to it.

We can hear the train from where we live also. Echoes through the canyon. Not a problem. Kind of the same. rythm lulls ya off.
My concern living next to one would be derailment, not noise.
Been a lot of derailments.

Evaluate the RR right-of-way, and access permissions.
Don't assume.
RR has sub-let underground rights to telecommunications companies.
Call the Oregon Utility Notification Center: 1-800-332-2344 to get all interested utilities to mark the property, include the rr right-of-way

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews