JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is the way I watch fires; use Fire Data in Google Earth [ Fire Detections (MODIS) current ] , then watch radar weather patterns National Weather Service to see how the fire will be pushed by wind.

Region 6 Fire Center NWCC :: Home for all fire related info, problem is it is only updated in the morning

For info on specific fire InciWeb the Incident Information System , good if they have time and good internet at fire camp

Wildfire Today - News and opinion about wildland fire some good info, problem is he seems to be doing it by himself

Similar to the Tillamook fire with the east winds catching speed coming down the Cascades, but we had many ignition sources including arsonists.

The 1933 Tillamook Burn remains Oregon's ultimate horror

These are great resources. Thanks for posting.

If you have OnX maps you can also add a wildfire filter to the mapping that is nice for seeing where the actual fires are.

I have struggled to find info on just exactly where the Chehalem fire is burning.

The one map that uses infrared data won't work on my old MacBook, so I needed to look at on a phone. I think it may be showing minimal info and I am not sure some of it is correct as it is showing small spot fires where I kind of doubt/hope there isn't any, and showing smaller fires where I am pretty sure there is more?

I am having to infer a lot from the radio traffic that I am listening to, a little from videos and some from photos.

I probably won't know anything real until I am allowed to go home.

The vids I have seen indicate that most of the fire is in the undergrowth, which isn't surprising.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top