JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many of you have read, at least a little, about our beloved Bull Mastiff Lilly. She is nearly twelve years old, that's very old for a Mastiff, and she is in renal failure. We're waiting for the Vet to get here to put her down. She isn't in pain, thank heavens, but there is no hope for recovery. She can't walk more than about 40', with help. She hasn't eaten in over 48hrs and only taken a little water.
This is very hard, she is a special friend. Gentle but fierce, smart, fun and loyal to the death. We love her without limit! I seem to be running on, but much like her life, it's hard to end. I want to thank you in advance for your kind sympathy, writing this out has been a help! Thank You, SRG

My dogs are closer to me than a lot of my family. Besides my wife they are the first I see in the morning and the last I see before I close my eyes. I can understand as I have been there. I know of no easy way to say good bye but be there when your freind passes it will make it easier on yout freind. I know while they are here my dogs and cats have the best I can give them.

Already crying for you brother:(.

My other dog. was a huge help getting over our 14 year old rottenlab That We were in a very similar situation. I held her until the end and after.

Keep the good times in the forefront of your memories.

Much love man,

Joe

The thing that helped me when I put my rot down was that she had as much fun in her life as any dog could have.
Same as when my father passed. He had lived a full life and was a great person. Made the passing a lot easier
Hard stuff

There is a twilight zone show about a raccoon hunter and his dog dieing. It is about the dog not being allowed into heaven. Come to find out it wasn't heaven but he'll. If there is such a place as heaven to me or whatever heaven is, it is not for me if it excludes my best freinds.

Damn Sarge,
That is so hard to hear. I know how close your family & Lilly are. Its like the loss of a child.
We have been through it tooo many times and never gets easier. We are so sorry to hear this. :(

Dogs are a part of life. Pets of any kind for that matter. Pisses me off they don't live as long as us.
If I could I'd give you a big ol man hug.

Tears are the only answer for a while....

It is always hard to lose a family member. Keep the memories of your most devoted friend in your heart and she will live there forever.

You have my sympathies!!:(:(

For those who understand the love of a pet, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation is possible.

Man brother I'm sorry to hear about this.
Nothing can help, but to think about the good times you had and how you've comforted each other over the years.
When we've lost dogs before the only thing that was of any consolation was knowing how good of a life we gave our four legged friends. We loved them as much as they did us. They were family.

Rest easy Lilly,

Our condolences to you and your family Steve, we have had many a companion take our hearts and souls with them in passing. It is never easy on the ones who stay and morn them and time is the only thing that will heal the heart.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top