JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the forum has a lot of members that live in Canada and handguns are hard to come by nowadays in that Country. So a good alternative home protection choice might be a Marlin lever-rifle in 44 mag. I like that caliber because you can choose the fire the 44 special also and download the rounds for less penetration.

The 44 Special is very underrated and is very easy to reload. If you choose you can buy cor-bon defensive 44 special which is hot stuff but does not enter the 44 mag pressure range.

Have a bear problem, then the 44 mag will be up to the challenge in most cases.

Lots of older lever rifles in different calibers to choose from also. Like the 38-55, 44-40, 38-40, 45LC, and all the rifle calibers like 30-30, 35 rem, 32, etc.

Are lever rifles popular in Canada?

What is the current thinking?

longcolt--i have a mar. guide 45/70 behind my closet door always- crook county is one of the counties that 98% of the people own guns-the other 2% have cannons,and crossbows with silencer's.:s0114:
steven

I acquired a .45LC Mare's leg pistol in a trade and contemplated using it as a truck gun for a while.
It was too nice though so I sold it for double the original trade value :)

Lever action, THE original assault rifle! 10 shots on demand, not much that you can't kill with 44mag at close range. The Marlin is far smoother and faster than the winchester type action. If you want lighter loads try trailboss powder with mag brass, cheaper than getting 44 special brass.

I have a Marlin 1894C .357 - I'd feel perfectly comfortable using that for home protection.

Watch some cowboy action shooting videos on YouTube to see what people can do with lever rifles. Pretty impressive.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top