JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before we get too far in this thread....

I can not speak for our member @tac
But I can safely say the he is not responsible for any of the oppressive firearm laws that are in effect or those that are proposed.
So...
Lets not blame him , or cast disparaging remarks upon him or his country.

Please note that I am not saying that anyone has done so...
But....Occasionally in threads like these , some folks tend to toss out blame , comments and the like , that are at times , less than excellent towards forum member tac.
Andy

What they have actually banned is MARS/lever release action rifles, not lever actions. Basically because they are scary.

Personally I think tac is a valuable asset to this community. He has spelled out time and again for us just what it takes to legally own firearms in the UK. It's fascinating in that on the one hand the average person can own guns and shoot (you don't have to be rich and well-connected), but on the other hand the restrictions and authoritarian oversight that they put up with in doing so is downright draconian by US standards.

As loony as California is with their firearm laws, compared to the UK they are open and free. The radicals in charge of California dream of one day having gun laws like the UK. :(

Added: I learned something today. I hadn't even heard of MARS or lever-release rifles before. I had to Google it to even understand what we were talking about here.

What they have actually banned is MARS/lever release action rifles, not lever actions. Basically because they are scary.

Oh yeah, definitely black and scary. how was that ever approved in the first place?

As loony as California is with their firearm laws, compared to the UK they are open and free. The radicals in charge of California dream of one day having gun laws like the UK. :(

The CA liberals are probably working on it "Right Now".

Not to mention that since WA has been able to classify a semi auto rifle as an "Assault Rifle". And, being that Biden and Harris were elected....... Well, I suspect that things will only get worst.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

The CA liberals are probably working on it "Right Now".

Aloha, Mark
I have no doubt that they are. An acquaintance of my wife said once that we need stricter "reasonable, common sense" gun laws. I thought she was joking when she said that California was nowhere near strict enough, that handguns in particular should be restricted to police and military only, like hand grenades and atom bombs.

Thanks to all for a. the welcome support and b. the useful movies that show what is actually being banned.

I can state quite categorically that if you are in a position to convert one of these guns to a semi-auto, then you are also more easily able to build one from scratch. They are not only fundamentally different internally from the gun they more or less replicate, they are also too narrow where they need to be wide, and too wide where they need to be narrow, and internal pins are in different positions. Their horrendous cost bears out the amount of work needed to make them in the first place. Why bother, when Bulgarian truck drivers can sell you the real thing for a hundred notes - often as many as you want...

Although more than a few of us fancy ourselves to be "on top" of the anti-gun movement in our own country, our "awareness" pales in comparison to the value of this Member's perspective on the subject.

I am also of the opinion that his own capabilities preclude any defense from others: pro-active or otherwise.

Before we get too far in this thread....

I can not speak for our member @tac
But I can safely say the he is not responsible for any of the oppressive firearm laws that are in effect or those that are proposed.
So...
Lets not blame him , or cast disparaging remarks upon him or his country.

Please note that I am not saying that anyone has done so...
But....Occasionally in threads like these , some folks tend to toss out blame , comments and the like , that are at times , less than excellent towards forum member tac.
Andy
Jeez, I'm out.

lol, JUST KIDDING!

Well in all fairness the UK never had a John Wayne.....

Seriously though, I assumed they were already banned there.

In all fairness, we never had a Winston Churchill (who thought it prudent to score a couple Thompsons and trained members of the Royal Family in their usage in a vacant lot next to their home).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top