Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Leupold Firedot Reticule

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by DieselScout, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I am going to be purchasing (assuming I can find one) a Leupold Mark AR series scope. While I like the idea behind the "Firedot" reticule I've been stuck shooting a gun with a red dot who's battery has gone flat. It was not a fun experience. Since the reticule is battery powered, what does the reticule look like if the battery is dead or just not on? Is it simply a black reticule, or is it still useable?

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Just the dot lights up. Without the lit reticle, it's just a black dot in the center of the reticle, rather than a lit one. I saw the scope at the SHOT show, I was fairly impressed...

3. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

^^This. Imagine this picture with no red dot. Though they have a few different Firedot reticles so it might not be exactly the same shape. firedot002.jpg

4. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Hmmm....gives me some food for though! From what i can see online the Mark AR scopes use a green dot what looks like a mil dot reticule. Thank you both for the information.