JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I told my kids growing up to hold themselves to high expectations, but to hold everyone else to ZERO expectations or you'll just be disappointed.

My 27 year old told me recently that he thought I meant just his peer group... he realized I meant everyone after he took a leadership position at the company he works for.

I've been with the same high tech company for the last 26 years and people always say that I'm happy. That's because I don't let the majority of the total lack of comprehension bother me.

This latest generation though... I'm glad I'm close to retirement.

Looking at the world in real time then hearing people say atrocities are things of the past. Those black and white images in history books can't happen in sophisticated society.

Myanmar, Venezuela, North Korea, etc all say, hold my beer.

I told my kids growing up to hold themselves to high expectations, but to hold everyone else to ZERO expectations or you'll just be disappointed.

My 27 year old told me recently that he thought I meant just his peer group... he realized I meant everyone after he took a leadership position at the company he works for.

I've been with the same high tech company for the last 26 years and people always say that I'm happy. That's because I don't let the majority of the total lack of comprehension bother me.

This latest generation though... I'm glad I'm close to retirement.

The problem is, "Those" people have a great affect on your daily life. And it's painfully obvious more and more of the population is breeding many more of "Those" as we speak!

Yep, I came out of retirement to go back to work again in Healthcare. Quietly counting the months until I can retire for good.

I interviewed with a small startup yesterday. Sounded like a good org. I am hoping that if I do get hired their codebase is decent. Last gig I worked early this year their codebase wasn't as bad as the one I worked on at Daimler, but it was bad - a LOT of NIH code and unnecessary hard to understand abstractions that caused me to take twice as long to get the job done as it should have. That will probably set them back a few years, maybe even cause them to go down the tubes. In short, the guy who wrote it was maybe smart, but not wise and didn't understand the difference.

I consider myself retired now, and I don't want to work anymore, but I will keep applying for jobs and interviewing in earnest until the UI runs out or I find a job.

Per this article, I should at least have one of each of these. They should be provided to me by the government honestly!

1617376600398.jpeg

I interviewed with a small startup yesterday. Sounded like a good org. I am hoping that if I do get hired their codebase is decent. Last gig I worked early this year their codebase wasn't as bad as the one I worked on at Daimler, but it was bad - a LOT of NIH code and unnecessary hard to understand abstractions that caused me to take twice as long to get the job done as it should have. That will probably set them back a few years, maybe even cause them to go down the tubes. In short, the guy who wrote it was maybe smart, but not wise and didn't understand the difference.

I consider myself retired now, and I don't want to work anymore, but I will keep applying for jobs and interviewing in earnest until the UI runs out or I find a job.
That's awesome! Good luck, brother!

Didn't know that the U.S Military had a lend lease program for civilians here in the States.

That explains why the Progressive are all up in arms (pun intended) about the shoulder thing that goes up!

Mrs. Feinstein

I am combat veteran , and I enjoy owning firearms.
I have never harmed anyone with my firearms.
If anything , my combat experiences , along with the owning and shooting of my firearms , has given me a greater respect and appreciation of life , both mine and of others.
There are many more military members and veteran , who can say the same.

Your comment of :
"And often the killers are trained military and former military men."
Is extremely insulting to those of us who are serving or have served in the military.

Your comment can be taken to mean that all military and former military men are potential murderers.
It has been said to not judge a group , by the actions of a few individuals within a group....
Why is it acceptable to do so with members of our military or veterans of the same...?
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads