JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Orygun, that's a beauty. I really like my featherweights. They are just about perfect when it comes to weight and balance. I'll bet your friend really likes that one.
I really liked it, but have focused on just a few firearms that I actually use.
Nah, he passed it along to someone else. I have no idea where it went. Oh, well.

This ones a push feed 70 in .338 WM, wearing a leupold vx-2 3x9. image.jpg

So mines a newbie (2007-8)...blued/synthetic, .30-06...shot about 3-450 rds... cases are sticking in barrel.....not everytime but 6 out of 10....i dont think extractor b/c no scratches on rim or casings (no damage at all once i pop it our after being shot with a cleaning rod).....so....what to try next?

So mines a newbie (2007-8)...blued/synthetic, .30-06...shot about 3-450 rds... cases are sticking in barrel.....not everytime but 6 out of 10....i dont think extractor b/c no scratches on rim or casings (no damage at all once i pop it our after being shot with a cleaning rod).....so....what to try next?

Make sure you DON'T have oil in your chamber. Swab it out so it's dry as a bone. Oil in the chamber can cause a hydraulic lock and make cases stick...

Have you tried cleaning the chamber ?

I just picked up a heavy varmint in 22-250. Only problem is it's stamped 243. If it was other way around I would say someone bored it out, but you can't fill in a barrel lol, obviously a factory snafu anyone ever heard of this??? Very bizarre

P1120238.JPG

upload_2017-10-19_3-22-10-jpeg.jpg

My Winn model 70 short action, 26" heavy barrel in .308. I bought back in the early 90's and has been the best hunting rifle I have ever owned. It has harvested all the deer pictured below.

upload_2017-10-19_3-24-47-jpeg.jpg

I don't know if I'd go that far. I had a push feed 270 XTR FWT that was quite the rifle. A buddy from another site wanted it for his daughter, so I gave it up to him. Well, for a certain amount of money anyway...:). His daughter killed her first moose with this rifle:

View attachment 318357
This push feed model 70 really made a believer out of me. I like the claw extractor too, but these old pushfeeds are great rifles too..

View attachment 319015
This ones a pre 64 style with controlled feed just before Winchester closed up.
Those Classic Featherweights with the Schnabel fore end and the Fleur-De-Lis checkering are some of the prettiest rifles ever built anywhere.
I was always a Remington kinda-person, but a CRF version of one of those at the right price, chambered in .270 would push me over the edge for sure.
Really nice rifles guys.