JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I started carrying I had a Taurus CIA 6 shot.
Then I felt a little out gunned when someone shot off 19 rnds from a Glock in the campground at some campers.
So I got a 19, then a 26 but they were never comfortable as a pocket carry. Gave up trying to carry an arsenal around.
I had a colt pony I traded into but the sights were poor.
Then I discovered the sig 238, good sights 1911 like, good trigger. My favorite until I decided to upgrade from the 380.
Now I use a shield. Narrower, so it doesn't print as much as the glocks you can get them cheap, and in 9 or 40. Not a bad trigger, decent sights

I like the mouse guns and I've tried quite a few. I had a seacamp and an lcp to try out but didn't carry regularly. It's a personal decision. Why are you carrying, can you use it to effect? Are you comfortable with what's in your pocket. Does it fit you.

I have a couple of pocket guns. I found out early on that I would not keep a full size gun on me at all times. as soon as I got home Id put the gun on the counter or in a drawer. Then if I needed to go to the store, pick up my mail, or take out the trash I'd have to strap on the gun again.
Once I started pocket carry I found I would always have it on me.

My current EDC is a S&W 642. I also pocket carry a Shield in the winter [coat pocket]. I also have a Walther Pre war PP, and a post war PPK. I don't carry them much. They are family guns.
I have carried a Beretta 70, a Colt Mustang, and a couple of small revolvers.
The next one I want is the Charter in 45 Colt! now that's a pocket gun!

Depending on clothing & setting:
1. Kel Tec P32 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Has a Pachmayr grip sleeve. Loaded with Buffalo Bore 32 ACP +p. Backup reload with an extended 10 round magazine.
2. Kimber K6s loaded with Federal jacketed hollow points. Backup reload with a speed strip, and either Blackhawk pocket holster or an inside the waistband holster.
Both guns are great to shoot and reliable. Also, snag free and concealable. Gives me flexibility.

Wow nice hardware. Top to bottom. Model 629 3 inch 44 mag, Model 60 Chief's Special in 38 special caliber
and a 340 PD 'Airlite' in 357 mag this is a Pocket Rocket :eek:

DSC00218.JPG

Picked this up on Friday.

View attachment 658465

You should love it. Especially if you ever had any of the earlier "pocket mouse guns" that used the LONGGGGG trigger as a safety. I had for a LONG time. As soon as I shot one of these it was for me. For the size and weight they are an amazing piece of work. Granted the .380 is FAR from "ideal" but, these pistols are so damn easy to carry you can actually forget they are there. The round while not ideal beats hell out of nothing because you left the better gun at home that time:cool:

Granted the .380 is FAR from "ideal"
Yep, that's why I wanted one for my pocket as a backup to the Walther. Also, I sometimes run down to the QuickyFix for a soda late at night and don't want to strap on my primary so, the Bodyguard can just get thrown in the pocket. And as you said, better to have it than nothing at all.:D

Anyone use the Underwood ammo for carry? Watched a couple videos and they claim it's better for penetration in these mouse guns.

You should love it. Especially if you ever had any of the earlier "pocket mouse guns" that used the LONGGGGG trigger as a safety. I had for a LONG time. As soon as I shot one of these it was for me. For the size and weight they are an amazing piece of work. Granted the .380 is FAR from "ideal" but, these pistols are so damn easy to carry you can actually forget they are there. The round while not ideal beats hell out of nothing because you left the better gun at home that time:cool:
I had this before but the recoil was just unbearable for me. By the time I would get though a box of ammunition my wrist hurt so bad I couldn't pull the trigger anymore. I sold it to another member and for warned him to hold on.

5C11415F-587B-4639-8F54-3FDE46AB6852.jpeg

I had this before but the recoil was just unbearable for me. By the time I would get though a box of ammunition my wrist hurt so bad I couldn't pull the trigger anymore. I sold it to another member and for warned him to hold on.

View attachment 658532

The LCPII I have beat hell out of me the first trip to the range. I took a few hundred rounds with me to make sure it was 100% before I would trust it. After the first couple boxes of ammo it was down right painful. Certainly NOT fun. Now that it proved its self I only shoot it now and then and only a few mag fulls. It's fun for that in that it still impresses me that they pack that round in such a light little package. Need to add a Laser to it. LOVE the CT lasers. Just have not gotten around to buying another for it.

Yep, that's why I wanted one for my pocket as a backup to the Walther. Also, I sometimes run down to the QuickyFix for a soda late at night and don't want to strap on my primary so, the Bodyguard can just get thrown in the pocket. And as you said, better to have it than nothing at all.:D
Have carried many decades now and have known a hell of a lot of others who do. I have only every known 1 person who always carried a "better" gun. Guy carried a Mod27 and he never left without. Good for him but almost everyone else will not do this. Many who claim mouse guns are worthless will oft run to the corner market or such with no gun. Sadly many who find themselves "needing" a gun are the ones who left it at home. My pocket gun is like my keys. Pants go on it goes in pocket like wallet or keys. Will I am sure never need it but, nice to know that if I do it's there. ;)
Everyone who carries should have one gun they will keep all the time with them. No matter what it is or how "weak" they may be damn glad they had it some day.

Anyone use the Underwood ammo for carry? Watched a couple videos and they claim it's better for penetration in these mouse guns.
Many use it, many use something else. The choice of ammo is a never ending thing. I long ago just went to ball ammo in my mouse guns. Reason is since the round is "weak" I opt for the best penetration I can get. Others choose another way to go. Most important of course is to make sure you can hit what you shoot at of course.

I love underwood ammo and keep a selection of it around, if you watch alot of balistic testing youll notice hp have a tendency to pack with denim and not do their job sometimes, i think the solid copper of the x defenders are a great choice for winter carry and you know it will be fully charged.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top