JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
more biased research. This is the kind of stupidity were up against...

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2015/09/legal_concealed_guns_dont_dete.html#incart_2box

"What we found when we drilled down to the county level was that the changes in the number of concealed handgun permits in a county had no relationship to either an increase or decrease in the county crime rate," Phillips said.

The study, "Concealed Handgun Licensing and Crime in Four States," has been published in the Journal of Criminology,where you can see how Phillips and his researchers dug into the data and analyzed it.

The reasons behind falling crime rates that previous studies have linked to concealed handgun laws could range from community policing tactics to the state of the economy, the study suggests.

its always been a poor tactic to use statistics to back up an argument, its difficult to prove cause and effect.... correlation does not equal causation.

so then why are all the cities/places with restrictive, "may issue", or no carry laws the places with the highest violent crime?

In some ways this study actually helps the CHL movement. Especially as it says there is no change in crime rates. So that means the doom and gloom people who said if there are more people carrying guns then there would be more shootings.

So if you look at it that way, actually it can support that CHL carriers are not a problem. :D

Oh, and it estimates the number of firearms owned a 300 million. I wonder if they estimate the number of owners in there somewhere as well.

In some ways this study actually helps the CHL movement. Especially as it says there is no change in crime rates. So that means the doom and gloom people who said if there are more people carrying guns then there would be more shootings.

So if you look at it that way, actually it can support that CHL carriers are not a problem. :D

Oh, and it estimates the number of firearms owned a 300 million. I wonder if they estimate the number of owners in there somewhere as well.

According to the last numbers I could find, I recall the number of owners is just shy of 100,000,000. So that means at least a few of you out there must own more than one gun :rolleyes:. And if you own 3 (which is an "arsenal" in their minds), then you're 8,000% more likely to commit a mass shooting :confused:

I love turning their numbers against them. They draw false conclusions all the time.

And the study coming out of Texas. Man, the disease is spreading everywhere. Seems no state is safe any longer.

yeah, but the anti's will claim there is no need to carry since it doest reduce crime, they will argue its unsafe to carry a loaded gun in public.

there is no logic that can be applied to the anti's.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top